Raptor R in Parking Garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

likeaboss

Reaction score
At recommended tire pressure on the door of 38 Ford's advertised height for the Raptor with 37s in spot on with my Raptor R. It's a hair under 6'8" but I wouldn't attempt a garage unless it's 6'9. You'll be good in a 7FT high garage no problem.

SuperSafety

Reaction score
Stock height fits 7' garages no problem. The antenna slaps, but everything else is good. If you need an additional measurement, lmk.

RaptorQ8t

Reaction score
I know you are likely right; I’m just really “particular“. It would be even better if someone with an R could attest that they’ve been in a 7’ parking garage. I can see myself “ducking” (‘cause it helps!) inside the truck as I enter the garage!
Haha, well I ducked, and as you know that helps! Actually, I wasn't too concerned because I drive my TRX into that garage all of the time and I know the signs are lower than anything else in there. And not all of the signs are the same height. I clear the first sign on the lower level, but have to drive around all the other ones because they hit the XM antenna on the TRX. The signs are hanging, so they do give when you hit them, so you just have to go slow. Pretty sure the R sits a touch lower than the TRX, and the TRX has the antenna on the back that sticks up another 2"-3".

LOL this cracked me up, I duck all the time when going into garages that I am unsure of.....cause it helps. @RDT-G23 I hope it works out for you. I currently have the 2022 Raptor 37, and I am waiting to trade in with the Raptor R I have on order. I have been told they are same height. The lowest height garage I have been in so far is 6.74, worked out fine for me. Funny enough my alternative is also the Cadillac Escalade as well :)

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
I had the same concern. My work garage has a stated height of 6’8”. What I found was that it’s actually 6’11”ish. My R with the tire psi in the 38-40 lbs range is 6’8.5” not including the antenna.

It fits but barely and the antenna hits every low spot by at least an inch. The plastic cap on the antenna is slowly grinding off.

OP
OP
RDT-G23

RDT-G23

Reaction score
I had the same concern. My work garage has a stated height of 6’8”. What I found was that it’s actually 6’11”ish. My R with the tire psi in the 38-40 lbs range is 6’8.5” not including the antenna.

It fits but barely and the antenna hits every low spot by at least an inch. The plastic cap on the antenna is slowly grinding off.
I appreciate this info. It reinforces my feeling that I'll be OK.

UsedRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here I was waiting for some kinda reference to sitting back and eating popped corn.