Raptor R hits eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it was bought...simply to flip or actually enjoy?
Always to flip. Its a pickup truck based on a $30k platform, not a purpose built super car. People sure love these things but its really gotten out of hand.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Macan and GT2 RS are very different Porsches lol
I have a Porsche, it ain’t that special. If I had to pick only one, a Porsche or an R…it’s an R everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. But, I’ve never driven an R before…maybe I’m wrong? Wait..no, I’m not wrong…it’s an R!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always to flip. Its a pickup truck based on a $30k platform, not a purpose built super car. People sure love these things but its really gotten out of hand.
I’d wager the Raptor is more purpose built than a Porsche turbo, the Porsche is also based on the most basic model- the Turbo S or GT3 RS etc whatever, as awesome as they are, are ALL based on the basic 911, so what if the Raptor is initially based on an F150? The latest version of the 911 is the first time they sport an all aluminum body shell….yet the lowly F150 been doing that for a decade+ now eh?

Takes ALOT more to turn an F150 into a Raptor than it does to turn a base 911 into a Turbo…..inarguable, before you get into the unique suspension/frame changes/unique T-case/engine etc…..every body panel aside from the cab/tailgate is Raptor specific.

You can run turbo wheels on a base 911…..can you run Raptor R wheels on a base F150?

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d wager the Raptor is more purpose built than a Porsche turbo, the Porsche is also based on the most basic model- the Turbo S or GT3 RS etc whatever, as awesome as they are, are ALL based on the basic 911, so what if the Raptor is initially based on an F150? The latest version of the 911 is the first time they sport an all aluminum body shell….yet the lowly F150 been doing that for a decade+ now eh?

Takes ALOT more to turn an F150 into a Raptor than it does to turn a base 911 into a Turbo…..inarguable, before you get into the unique suspension/frame changes/unique T-case/engine etc…..every body panel aside from the cab/tailgate is Raptor specific.

You can run turbo wheels on a base 911…..can you run Raptor R wheels on a base F150?

I disagree. The Gen 3 is the first instance of a serious departure in chassis, and they kept the powertrain from the Gen 2 until the TRX came out. The body panels and suspension components have all been bolt on Raptor to F150, except for the Gen 3's new link setup. They've done some awesome things with programming on the engine and trans, but there isn't anything stopping them from extending that to base F150s. Live Valve is awesome, and a natural progression when you're trying to get larger shock to behave on the street. I'm not saying they didn't put the work in, I'm just saying there is more crossover than marketing will have you believe.

The base 992 Carrera and a 992 GT3 RS are two different chassis on two completely different power trains; the 911s have always been quite different. The starting point of a base model is also $130k.

Raptors were fun when they were plentiful, cheap and guys would mod and enjoy them. That has changed quite a bit, as the posts on this forum indicate.

kiman44

Reaction score
I have a Porsche, it ain’t that special. If I had to pick only one, a Porsche or an R…it’s an R everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. But, I’ve never driven an R before…maybe I’m wrong? Wait..no, I’m not wrong…it’s an R!
I feel the same way. I go through cars a lot. The Raptor (non-R) has been my longest owned vehicle by far. And the R isn't going anywhere either.