Raptor R hits eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 911
Like my raptor way much betterer
Really no comparison for me
But my raptor is no R
Soooo

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I was going to spend $165k on a vehicle it would have two doors.. be made in Germany... And have a flat 6 with turbos.
That’s an easy statement to make, & I’m not necessarily disagreeing as I’d prefer a P car over an overpowered off-road truck too….but that’s partly b/c I already have an overpowered off-road truck in my ‘20 Raptor (tuned) lol!!

But if we are truly being neutral here….even if the R was MSRP equivalent to a Porsche turbo etc. (it’s not….& Porsches get markups too, even not so special ones) - the Porsche can only carry 1 other person & minimal luggage, it’ll go in the winter if AWD &/or snow tires…but it’ll make you cry every time you take it out in that kinda weather while grenading the resale value, it is a rough ride over rough pavement - & obviously can’t go off-road, it can’t tow shit, can’t haul shit, it can’t jump shit, & doesn’t sound as good as the Raptor R either nor will it have as much power even @ the tip top trim levels.

Everyone sitting around here acting like it’s normal to even be able to purchase a factory vehicle like the R, it’s truly amazing this thing (or the TRX or wrangler 392 or Bronco Raptor) even exist, let alone potentially be cross-shopped w/ European luxury sports cars

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Porsche, it ain’t that special. If I had to pick only one, a Porsche or an R…it’s an R everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. But, I’ve never driven an R before…maybe I’m wrong? Wait..no, I’m not wrong…it’s an R!
I had a boxster, it was an absolute blast to drive but I ultimately sold it shortly after I bought my raptor. My old boss had a 911 turbo s a 2016 I believe. That was a damn special car. I was considering getting an R. I'll see if the market calms down in a year or two but this is stupid, 150k and up for a pickup truck

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Uh, fellas, do as you will. But are we really comparing a 911 to a Raptor? That’s akin to deciding between Twiggy and Raquel Welch in their heyday.

I owned two 911s, and I’d drive them to the gym and the track.

I’ve owned four Raptors and when I’m not driving past Starbucks, I’ve driven them to Moab.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Uh, fellas, do as you will. But are we really comparing a 911 to a Raptor? That’s akin to deciding between Twiggy and Raquel Welch in their heyday.

I owned two 911s, and I’d drive them to the gym and the track.

I’ve owned four Raptors and when I’m not driving past Starbucks, I’ve driven them to Moab.
I'm not, just sayin' what I would do with that kind of money for a vehicle....heck, I paid less for my first house 25 years ago.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not, just sayin' what I would do with that kind of money for a vehicle....heck, I paid less for my first house 25 years ago.
I totally get it. Unless I was loaded, meaning millions in bank, I’d never pay that kind of dough for a Raptor. But I would for a Turbo S.

eriic

Reaction score
If anyone is desperate for an R, I'll throw mine out there.

Starting bid: $250k :p

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s an easy statement to make, & I’m not necessarily disagreeing as I’d prefer a P car over an overpowered off-road truck too….but that’s partly b/c I already have an overpowered off-road truck in my ‘20 Raptor (tuned) lol!!

But if we are truly being neutral here….even if the R was MSRP equivalent to a Porsche turbo etc. (it’s not….& Porsches get markups too, even not so special ones) - the Porsche can only carry 1 other person & minimal luggage, it’ll go in the winter if AWD &/or snow tires…but it’ll make you cry every time you take it out in that kinda weather while grenading the resale value, it is a rough ride over rough pavement - & obviously can’t go off-road, it can’t tow shit, can’t haul shit, it can’t jump shit, & doesn’t sound as good as the Raptor R either nor will it have as much power even @ the tip top trim levels.

Everyone sitting around here acting like it’s normal to even be able to purchase a factory vehicle like the R, it’s truly amazing this thing (or the TRX or wrangler 392 or Bronco Raptor) even exist, let alone potentially be cross-shopped w/ European luxury sports cars
Well put. I have a 2015 Turbo S and a 2017 e85 Raptor. The Raptor was $59k in 2017, I just can’t bring myself to pay Turbo/Turbo S money for a F150.