Raptor R front suspension on Ecoboost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being the Raptor R is a V8 and heavier in the front, and it sits almost level. I wonder if the Raptor R front suspension would be a good option for us V6ers to lift the front and also maintain OEM rode quality.

Does anyone know the Raptor R spring rates? I think our V6 spring rates are progressive and like 546 lbs/in at the beginning.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I’ve heard it’s 100 lbs/in higher, but not sure. If you did a straight spring swap you’d run into the same top out scenario. Now if you took the entire shock, which should have a slower rebound tune if done right, you might be in business. Still with lost down travel, but rebound when the wheels leave the ground would at least be right.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I’ve heard it’s 100 lbs/in higher, but not sure. If you did a straight spring swap you’d run into the same top out scenario. Now if you took the entire shock, which should have a slower rebound tune if done right, you might be in business. Still with lost down travel, but rebound when the wheels leave the ground would at least be right.
That’s what I was thinking, but 100lbs higher seems like a lot.
If I am to do it, it will be the full suspension with shocks, springs and all.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some googling to see if I could find the number I read a while ago. Found a couple of places that said 5% stiffer springs. That’s much more reasonable. 100 didn’t make sense. I guess the one other consideration would be if you’re on 35s take off shocks from the R would need to have the shock stroke increased an inch to match.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 37s, so it would be perfect. 5% sounds like it’d be perfect!

The dealership owes me a favor, so I wonder if they’d be willing to sell me the parts at wholesale, if so, I’ll buy some on Monday and let y’all know how it goes.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm under the impression the front shocks are the same as the 37PP and the springs are just a little stiffer. Some one listed 5%. The ride height is the same and the V8 isn't that much heavier.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm under the impression the front shocks are the same as the 37PP and the springs are just a little stiffer. Some one listed 5%. The ride height is the same and the V8 isn't that much heavier.
Finding the OEM parts is a no go as they are on backorder with no estimated time of delivery.