Raptor R engine thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathan Reed

Reaction score
I know everyone expects the 5.2L from the GT500 in the Raptor R next year, but I'm wondering if it may be a smaller displacement cousin to the 7.3L pushrod engine with a supercharger.

The 5.2L engines are all hand assembled for a very low production run of GT500s.

If the 5.2L is the choice, it will be the same for the Raptor R.

If its an assembly line pushrod engine with upgraded pistons and rods with a supercharger, the Raptor R may be more attainable and produced in volume.

Wasn't there some fairly recent news/rumors of the Windsor plant building a 6.8L variant for "f150s and Mustangs"?

Thoughts?

rosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know everyone expects the 5.2L from the GT500 in the Raptor R next year, but I'm wondering if it may be a smaller displacement cousin to the 7.3L pushrod engine with a supercharger.

The 5.2L engines are all hand assembled for a very low production run of GT500s.

If the 5.2L is the choice, it will be the same for the Raptor R.

If its an assembly line pushrod engine with upgraded pistons and rods with a supercharger, the Raptor R may be more attainable and produced in volume.

Wasn't there some fairly recent news/rumors of the Windsor plant building a 6.8L variant for "f150s and Mustangs"?

Thoughts?

One thought I had was maybe Ford would put the Shelby name on the Raptor R right at factory. That would justify the hand built 5.2 and the massive price.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they pump up the TTV6 vice a V8, can the Raptor Hybrid/EV be far behind?
High fuel prices could be a game changer...
:)

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/features/power/
They need to go the hybrid route to be competitive with everybody else but Dodge, Dodge likes to push v8's but it's a dying market. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of my v8's, but times are a changing.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. The 5.2 Predator trucks are well into development as we speak. That is the main focus of the company right now.
WHere's the proof of this? I remember in 2009 Ford was all up front about building the Raptor R back then and it never happened, lol.