Raptor R Dyno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's little compared to a Whipple.
Ok, so what are the injector sizes between the two.
Hey, Ford could have just dialed back the AFR and called it day.

68mm on the 2.3L TVS so there's that.
“Dialed back the AFR”? :facepalm:

2.3 TVS has nothing to with the R and injector sizes are irrelevant.

Please, just stop grasping at straws for everyone’s sake. You’re only making a mockery of yourself. Slapping a S/C on an old 6.2 and blowing it up does not make you an expert in engine performance.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
“Dialed back the AFR”? :facepalm:

2.3 TVS has nothing to with the R and injector sizes are irrelevant.

Please, just stop grasping at straws for everyone’s sake. You’re only making a mockery of yourself. Slapping a S/C on an old 6.2 and blowing it up does not make you an expert in engine performance.
Just can't help yourself from being an A_ _.
And furthermore, just because you have access to a dealer's terminal behind the parts counter and can help a few members out doesn't make you anything of an authority, of any kind, when it comes to performance engineering or mods.

So, what in your expert so called "parts tech" opinion did Ford do to dial back the HP from 760 to 701 on the 5.2L?
Tire size has a big impact on HP numbers to the ground, but we're talking crank HP numbers at the moment.
You can do amazing tuning with the new PCMs, this is true.
AFR is a major factor, timing advance all can be done in the PCM.
If that's all the Ford Calibration Engineers had to do, so be it.
Though you seem to not have a clue as to what that is.
SC'er pulley sizes which you claim, is ruled out.
FYI, Injectors can play a major role in HP.
Cam redesign is another option.
Limiting throttle response.
Restrictive exhaust can be another option.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FoxNotch

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Superchargers don’t “spool up”. In any direct comparison between the TVS and Whipple, the TVS is going to be significantly quieter. It’s the design, which you don’t seem to understand. It has nothing to do with being “under pulleyed” :facepalm:
Correct, it’s the design of the rotors in the supercharger.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just can't help yourself from being an A_ _.
And furthermore, just because you have access to a dealer's terminal behind the parts counter and can help a few members out doesn't make you anything of an authority, of any kind, when it comes to performance engineering or mods.
You just can’t stop running your mouth things you have no comprehension of. I don’t work at a dealer nor behind a “parts counter”. I’ve been a master automotive technician for years, what are your credentials? You blew up your engine, apparently that now makes you an expert in engine performance?
So, what in your expert so called "parts tech" opinion did Ford do to dial back the HP from 760 to 701 on the 5.2L?
It’s not about an opinion; that changes nothing. You just want to argue and speculate. Ford disclosed that they changed to a smaller supercharger pulley and switched to cast stainless steel exhaust manifolds; they’re not going to lay out every change in the calibration to satisfy you.
You can do amazing tuning with the new PCMs, this is true.
AFR is a major factor, timing advance all can be done in the PCM.
If that's all the Ford Calibration Engineers had to do, so be it.
Though you seem to not have a clue as to what that is.
You’re babbling jargon. Timing advance can be done in the PCM? Lol wow, welcome to 1990! Then you claim they “dialed back AFR”. Your level of understanding is high school auto class 98.
SC'er pulley sizes which you claim, is ruled out.
FYI, Injectors can play a major role in HP.
Cam redesign is another option.
Limiting throttle response.
Restrictive exhaust can be another option.
You continue to sound like your reading from a JEGS catalog. Ford confirmed that they changed the pulley diameter to be 7% smaller to improve low and mid range performance. We can now safely rule out that you have the slightest clue about this topic.

Last edited:

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id be happy keeping a R stock!! After doing some suspension mods and having unrelated drivetrain issues denied by the warranty, I'm just tired of risking it.

OP
OP
FoxNotch

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just can’t stop running your mouth things you have no comprehension of. I don’t work at a dealer nor behind a “parts counter”. I’ve been a master automotive technician for years, what are your credentials? You blew up your engine, apparently that now makes you an expert in engine performance?

It’s not about an opinion; that changes nothing. You just want to argue and speculate. Ford disclosed that they changed to a smaller supercharger pulley and switched to cast stainless steel exhaust manifolds; they’re not going to lay out every change in the calibration to satisfy you.

You’re babbling jargon. Timing advance can be done in the PCM? Lol wow, welcome to 1990! Then you claim they “dialed back AFR”. Your level of understanding is high school auto class 98.

You continue to sound like your reading from a JEGS catalog. Ford confirmed that they changed the pulley diameter to be 7% smaller to improve low and mid range performance. We can now safely rule out that you have the slightest clue about this topic.
Girls, Girls, your both pretty.

• Haha
Reactions: MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

See, now I see you have no understanding what a PCM controls.
If you were an actual active Certified Ford Tech you would not be on any social media platform discussing anything related to Ford.
Well since I do not have access to Ford's parts catalog or shop manuals, I would not know these things off hand.
When I have my 2023 Raptor R, I'll keep you informed.
Just keep reading from the parts and shop repair manuals, you're good at that.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Id be happy keeping a R stock!! After doing some suspension mods and having unrelated drivetrain issues denied by the warranty, I'm just tired of risking it.
Yeah, but what happens when the factory warranty is up, and then how easy will it be getting a motor replaced under extended.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See, now I see you have no understanding what a PCM controls.
If you were an actual active Certified Ford Tech you would not be on any social media platform discussing anything related to Ford.
Well since I do not have access to Ford's parts catalog or shop manuals, I would not know these things off hand.
When I have my 2023 Raptor R, I'll keep you informed.
Just keep reading from the parts and shop repair manuals, you're good at that.
:happy175: :happy175: :happy175: :happy175:

Yep, no idea what a PCM does lol.

You’re good at nothing, especially not automotive. Everything you’ve claimed has been either kindergarten grade nonsense or has been proven wrong entirely. But please, tell us more about PCM controlled ignition timing :facepalm:

And now you claim professional automotive technicians “don’t use social media” Lol? Are you really that so far gone? No access to shop manuals or parts catalogs could help a lost cause such as yourself, you couldn’t even read a basic wiring diagram or turn a wrench in the right direction. Why are so desperate to act like you know so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.