Raptor R Dyno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, spool up was the wrong words I choose. koodoos to you. LOL
But TVS is not significantly quieter than the Whipple like you would believe.
If you actually came out from behind the parts counter terminal at the dealer and have firsthand experience with the two side by side, then you would learn something.

It's under pulleyed!!!!!! Ford had no choice but to under power it, because the engine was failing in early on testing.
So, if you dial back AFR you have spin the SC slower, it's physics.
You're sitting at the parts counter terminal, look it up what size is on the Mustang SC'er and what size is on the Raptor's SC'er.
And that's the thing with TVS, yes you can put smaller pulleys on to make it spin faster to produce more boost but at a lost of efficiency and significant heat gains.
That's why the Whipple is so much better than the little mass-produced $780 Eaton blowers Ford is getting at cost.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, spool up was the wrong words I choose. koodoos to you. LOL
Not the wrong words, just wrong. As usual.
But TVS is not significantly quieter than the Whipple like you would believe.
If you actually came out from behind the parts counter terminal at the dealer and have firsthand experience with the two side by side, then you would learn something.
Sounds like you need to get your hearing checked. Twin screws are much louder than roots type blowers.
It's under pulleyed!!!!!! Ford had no choice but to under power it, because the engine was failing in early on in testing.
But that's the thing with TVS, yes you can put smaller pulleys on to make it spin faster to produce more boost but at a lost of efficiency and significant heat gains.
That's why the Whipple is so much better than the little mass-produced Eaton blowers.
Wrong again, stop making it up as you go. First off, the R uses the Eaton 2.65L TVS unit, it’s not by any means “little”.

Second, the S/C pulley on the R is smaller than the GT500; 80mm on the GT500 vs 74mm on Raptor. That was to provide more low end and mid range torque. They didn’t “under power it” as you claim, they tailored the power curve to the application.

But hey, you heard the video and “it’S uNdeRpUlLiEd” in your professional arm chair engineering experience. :happy175:

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FTO, can you rank your level of hate for the following? Toyota, Tesla and the 6.2?
No but I can, i think obviously i hate tesla the most, i dont really hate toyota just the notion they are some fuggin unicorn indestructible platform when they are average at best. Coming in last (no pun intended?) is the 6.2 .

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's little compared to a Whipple.
Ok, so what are the injector sizes between the two.
Hey, Ford could have just dialed back the AFR and called it day.

68mm on the 2.3L TVS so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.