Raptor (r/c) Hooning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The more I get into it, the more traxxas haters I come across. Why is that? (Honest question)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their quality and reputation does not match their price point.

It is a chevy cruze, with a corvette zr1 price and a corvette z06 reputation.

There are better vvehicles that can be had for the same price or cheaper, with better reliability, but their fans love them.

Traxxas can have the same chassis around for 10 years, with the same flaws, ask the price of a newer model vehicle, and people love them for it.

OP
OP
ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Their quality and reputation does not match their price point.

It is a chevy cruze, with a corvette zr1 price and a corvette z06 reputation.

There are better vvehicles that can be had for the same price or cheaper, with better reliability, but their fans love them.

Traxxas can have the same chassis around for 10 years, with the same flaws, ask the price of a newer model vehicle, and people love them for it.

Fair enough. If I get more serious and end up wanting to diversify my collection, I'll have to do more research. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put Traxxas take off ESCs into my Tamiya cars/buggies with brushed motors. They are all over Ebay for cheap.

Still need to work on getting a Raptor body finished- I got a black crewcab hard body from a toy grade Newbright R/C truck that is really nicely detailed- separate windows insert, headlight buckets, an actual grille, etc. The wheelbase is going to be a challenge to fit on anything I have setup already though.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No problem, dont worry, you arent the only one. Traxxas is HUGE, it is what most people get!

monsterFD

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice, i wanted to get the hpi flux xs but cant really find a good deal on one

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i used to have a gass traxxas and loved it. cept for being gass. electric is where its at.

these things are so cool, wish i was back in it. too many hobbies though

OP
OP
ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are a blast, that's for sure. I've been pretty busy of late so not much time to play. But I did take these a few months ago and plan on doing more of this, while there is ongoing construction in my developing neighborhood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jWwxVpBO-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMukxk1YJYY

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

******* embedding...sometimes I can figure it out, sometimes I can't.

Last edited:

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not into RC, but I’m kind of digging this thing!

Who makes a better Gen2 Raptor RC??? I just want make a few of my middle aged “Immature” friends smile, and definitely impress my nephews when we have a family event at my house every now and then. I don’t want to build up a F1 quality radio controlled RC car or pay a gazillion bucks in order to crash it, smash it and have some fun!

Last edited:

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use to be big into sct tracing, every weekend I traveled to race my RC.. mine is home I’m the garage, I always preferre Kyosho Ultima sct, I plan on getting the new one that is out soon and building it.