Raptor R Available in 35, 37 or both?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
It's all a pissing contest when it comes to high HP trucks. Who blinks first and goes hybrid or electric will be interesting. RAM will be the one to have first stab as TRX will be old news when R comes out and they will have to decide how to top it. Until then I will get an R no matter if it's the last of the V8's or not.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had any faith in it actually being limited production, Gen1 was special compared to gen2. Gen 1 I don't see a ton of, but enough it seemed to satisfy the market. Gen 2 Raptor seems to be produced like an XLT quantity(sarcasm), but there's too many of them. Definitely lost the special feeling the SVT truck had

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It as a new concept way back when with the Gen 1. Don’t think Ford wanted to overbuild until they new how well it would be accepted.

Definitely a pissing contest is to start if the R does come out. What will Ram do? Put more power in as they they always do. Eventually the TRX will be an 800HP Superstock Baja creation that gets 5mpg. Great for the streets, malls and shows. Not sure if Ford will peruse that once they have an R out. It still most likely remain the Baja truck by which all will be judged by.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's all a pissing contest when it comes to high HP trucks. Who blinks first and goes hybrid or electric will be interesting. RAM will be the one to have first stab as TRX will be old news when R comes out and they will have to decide how to top it. Until then I will get an R no matter if it's the last of the V8's or not.

I'm not sure what you're classifying as 'high HP trucks', but the Lightning is coming soon. If you meant specifically offroad trucks, the GMC Hummer is boasting to be an off-road 1000 HP truck. I would bet Rivian and Tesla coming out with trucks before RAM.

I get why you're looking at the R as playing catchup to the TRX, but I don't think RAM coming out with the TRX means that they have surpassed Ford in this market when it comes to experience, engineering, and understanding the market. I don't think RAM is going to jump to a hybrid in a TRX. Not without first bringing it to their base model trucks and understanding it. Basically, I think they will follow Fords lead on this and bring in hybrids/EVs as option rather then force their customers into it.

I get that GMC/Chevy is taking a different approaching with the Hummer, and maybe it will work out ok for them. No doubt thought that Ford will be better equipment to do hybrids and EVs from top to bottom than GMC/Chevy will.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're classifying as 'high HP trucks', but the Lightning is coming soon. If you meant specifically offroad trucks, the GMC Hummer is boasting to be an off-road 1000 HP truck. I would bet Rivian and Tesla coming out with trucks before RAM.

I get why you're looking at the R as playing catchup to the TRX, but I don't think RAM coming out with the TRX means that they have surpassed Ford in this market when it comes to experience, engineering, and understanding the market. I don't think RAM is going to jump to a hybrid in a TRX. Not without first bringing it to their base model trucks and understanding it. Basically, I think they will follow Fords lead on this and bring in hybrids/EVs as option rather then force their customers into it.

I get that GMC/Chevy is taking a different approaching with the Hummer, and maybe it will work out ok for them. No doubt thought that Ford will be better equipment to do hybrids and EVs from top to bottom than GMC/Chevy will.
High HP for non EV. I could careless about EV and I know you seem focused on it.

Lighting isn't exciting at all to me. Sorry.

Bought the wife a Tesla years ago--I hated it, she hated it and sold it within a month.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the R is going to have a roll bar in it because there are no facts or rumors that point in that direction. Whether a roll bar would make the Raptor a better offroader, or more appealing to offroader types isn't as relevant in my opinion. The Raptor has mass appeal because of it's a mix of luxary and offroad, whether you like it or not. That's what it is. And I don't think Ford is going to just drop that on the R version. It's not what's needed to beat the TRX, and it will cost more to make since it won't be the same shared parts with the F150 and Raptor.

Personally, I'd like to see a hybrid Raptor. Maybe one day, but not any time soon.
Some good points bro! Everything will be hybrid in another decade or so, if the Raptor lives that long, I’m sure we will see the hybrid even sooner as an option. Gas prices are set to skyrocket here in the next couple days. Already paying upwards of 1.60/litre now in places, they (whoever they are (regulators)) said we will see unprecedented price increases due to demand for gasoline. This will inevitably lead to more purchases of hybrid/electric vehicles up here, since we have the infrastructure in place now with charging stations the norm. Guess I got carried away with gas talk, oh well, lol.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some good points bro! Everything will be hybrid in another decade or so, if the Raptor lives that long, I’m sure we will see the hybrid even sooner as an option. Gas prices are set to skyrocket here in the next couple days. Already paying upwards of 1.60/litre now in places, they (whoever they are (regulators)) said we will see unprecedented price increases due to demand for gasoline. This will inevitably lead to more purchases of hybrid/electric vehicles up here, since we have the infrastructure in place now with charging stations the norm. Guess I got carried away with gas talk, oh well, lol.
I see a Mach E in your future!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
High HP for non EV. I could careless about EV and I know you seem focused on it.

Lighting isn't exciting at all to me. Sorry.

Bought the wife a Tesla years ago--I hated it, she hated it and sold it within a month.

You brought up EV/hybrids in your post, and I did not pick up on you seeing that as a positive or negative thing. It's a little odd to talk about what trucks go to EV first without considering what's already an EV, but I get where you were coming from now.

I like the idea of a hybrid better than an EV right now. I'll take more power and features with better MPG. I've never driven a hybrid or EV before, so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't care for it either. I get why people like V8s too, I just don't have the same pull to it that others do.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No you don’t!! If anything an electric pick up or even better an electric Bronco

I should start a poll thread about what strategy makes the most sense to people.

1 - Just keep my gas guzzling truck
2 - Keep the truck and get an EV car as DD
3 - Keep the truck and get a more fuel efficient DD...not ready for EV.
4 - Get a hybrid truck
5 - Get an EV truck