Raptor R Available in 35, 37 or both?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many of the Same people who already have a raptor can easily afford another $30,40, hell even $50k more for a truck w/o breaking a sweat if it checks all the boxes.

have you seen the “what else is in your garage” section guy?

aside from current raptor owners, other perspective buyers would be the same kinda dudes who buy diesel trucks & dump $25k in mods on em immediately, & yet another demographic would be the same
Folks who buy X5Ms, Rolls Royce/Bentley SUVs, cayenne turbo, etc etc

I mean- can you BELIEVE that Mercedes actually put a twin turbo V8 in their utilitarian boxy SUV - you know, the “G-wagon”, but you wouldn’t believe it bro, there’s ACTUALLY people who buy em!!! There’s people out there that can afford $200k SUVs (sarcasm)

there’s plenty that can afford a $90-$110k near trophy truck
Yes, your logic is sound, but how many of these latte sippers want a truck that might be offroad rated only with a roll bar inside and no latte holders, bahahahaha.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well over 100k and probably around 6 MPG. You guy's knock yourselves out. Then go out and destroy it in the mud. Lot's of big talk, but how many of you will really step up and actually buy something so impactable ?

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Yes, your logic is sound, but how many of these latte sippers want a truck that might be offroad rated only with a roll bar inside and no latte holders, bahahahaha.

There is absolutely zero chance that the R will be anything like you describe.

It will come with every high-end feature possible, probably mandatory, not just as options.

It will not have a roll bar, five-point harnesses, etc.

Besides, it's just more HP, right? What does that even matter to the true hardcore badass offroaders on this forum?

People hiss and scream that the TRX's extra power makes no difference offroad, but now all of a sudden you want the R to be offroad-only? LOL.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you seen the “what else is in your garage” section guy?
Folks who buy X5Ms, Rolls Royce/Bentley SUVs, cayenne turbo, etc etc

I mean- can you BELIEVE that Mercedes actually put a twin turbo V8 in their utilitarian boxy SUV - you know, the “G-wagon”, but you wouldn’t believe it bro, there’s ACTUALLY people who buy em!!! There’s people out there that can afford $200k SUVs (sarcasm)

there’s plenty that can afford a $90-$110k near trophy truck
Hey hey hey! My wife’s grocery getting X5 has a twin turbo V8 too. Just putting that out there

Attachments

• 0C1ECEE6-159E-44E7-AE47-AE07860B57AD.jpeg
    0C1ECEE6-159E-44E7-AE47-AE07860B57AD.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 2

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is absolutely zero chance that the R will be anything like you describe.

It will come with every high-end feature possible, probably mandatory, not just as options.

It will not have a roll bar, five-point harnesses, etc.

Besides, it's just more HP, right? What does that even matter to the true hardcore badass offroaders on this forum?

People hiss and scream that the TRX's extra power makes no difference offroad, but now all of a sudden you want the R to be offroad-only? LOL.
What I want and what Ford deliver's is up to them. Can we all wait until Ford builds this pipe dream before we get all serious. Honestly Ford should not even build this truck, not with a v8 anyway , not with gasoline engines on the way out. Don't get me wrong here, it's not what I want to see, but it is more practical to make one that's electric with a roll bar (yes a roll bar), lol. It's great to speculate what will be, everybody's dream opinion is valid. Just look at my avatar, ha ha

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that’s a lot of theories and speculation! It will be fun to see what actually shows up and then fun listening to the guys whine about how someone else is spending their money and doing, or not doing with there trucks.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the price of this R is going to be sky high and production limited. I hope they just make it something really special and to behold. If it’s basically just a Predator slap in and a few drivetrain enhancements for super big money and being limited. Then it just won’t be all that. Slap in and 10k premium? They better makes lots of them.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I want and what Ford deliver's is up to them. Can we all wait until Ford builds this pipe dream before we get all serious. Honestly Ford should not even build this truck, not with a v8 anyway , not with gasoline engines on the way out. Don't get me wrong here, it's not what I want to see, but it is more practical to make one that's electric with a roll bar (yes a roll bar), lol. It's great to speculate what will be, everybody's dream opinion is valid. Just look at my avatar, ha ha

I don't think the R is going to have a roll bar in it because there are no facts or rumors that point in that direction. Whether a roll bar would make the Raptor a better offroader, or more appealing to offroader types isn't as relevant in my opinion. The Raptor has mass appeal because of it's a mix of luxary and offroad, whether you like it or not. That's what it is. And I don't think Ford is going to just drop that on the R version. It's not what's needed to beat the TRX, and it will cost more to make since it won't be the same shared parts with the F150 and Raptor.

Personally, I'd like to see a hybrid Raptor. Maybe one day, but not any time soon.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the price of this R is going to be sky high and production limited. I hope they just make it something really special and to behold. If it’s basically just a Predator slap in and a few drivetrain enhancements for super big money and being limited. Then it just won’t be all that. Slap in and 10k premium? They better makes lots of them.

'Limited Production' could mean a whole lot of things. Obviously, 1000 is limited, but is 10,000 a limited production? I think it will be limited, but on the high side. Ford wants to make this special, but still sell enough to justify all the development costs.

Personally, I don't think Ford wants to make the R into anything more than it needs to be for it to be considered a match or slightly better than the TRX. Beyond that, the law of diminishing returns is going to kick in. Besides that, what would be the justification for putting in features in the R that aren't also on the reg Raptor?