Raptor R Available in 35, 37 or both?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you had to come from good old V8’s in the past, to gravitate to them now. I’ve always been a V8 everything until I got a Gen 2. Mind you if the V6 was NA, I would have never bought in. The 3.5 is a nice all around motor.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should start a poll thread about what strategy makes the most sense to people.

1 - Just keep my gas guzzling truck
2 - Keep the truck and get an EV car as DD
3 - Keep the truck and get a more fuel efficient DD...not ready for EV.
4 - Get a hybrid truck
5 - Get an EV truck

This Gen 2 is my most fuel efficient vehicle I have probably ever owned lol. At least when I drive it averagely.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should start a poll thread about what strategy makes the most sense to people.

1 - Just keep my gas guzzling truck
2 - Keep the truck and get an EV car as DD
3 - Keep the truck and get a more fuel efficient DD...not ready for EV.
4 - Get a hybrid truck
5 - Get an EV truck
1 and 4 or 5

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you had to come from good old V8’s in the past, to gravitate to them now. I’ve always been a V8 everything until I got a Gen 2. Mind you if the V6 was NA, I would have never bought in. The 3.5 is a nice all around motor.

I actually have never had a V8 (if you don't count the vegetable drink) in my life. I've always driven smaller vehicles where v6 was enough, or a truck for economy reasons more than fun (I had a T100 then later a Colorado). That said, I wouldn't get a V6 NA full size truck today, same as you. I have anything against a V8 though, and probably would have gotten the Raptor whether it was V6TT or V8.

And to be clear, my interest in hybrid, and EVs to a lesser extent, don't have anything to do with saving the planet, but the power, features, and maybe cost savings.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually have never had a V8 (if you don't count the vegetable drink) in my life. I've always driven smaller vehicles where v6 was enough, or a truck for economy reasons more than fun (I had a T100 then later a Colorado). That said, I wouldn't get a V6 NA full size truck today, same as you. I have anything against a V8 though, and probably would have gotten the Raptor whether it was V6TT or V8.

And to be clear, my interest in hybrid, and EVs to a lesser extent, don't have anything to do with saving the planet, but the power, features, and maybe cost savings.
A hybrid Raptor does sound interesting for added TQ and range. Powerboost is new, so not likely to go into a Raptor anytime too soon.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A hybrid Raptor does sound interesting for added TQ and range. Powerboost is new, so not likely to go into a Raptor anytime too soon.

It don't think we would see it till Gen 4 at the earliest. A lot will depend on how well an F150 powerboost is received over the next few years. I figure, Ford would want at least a 3rd of total sales to be powerboost before putting it the Raptor? Who knows.

The other thing is, where does Gen 4 go if not to hybrid? Squeeze more out of the V6TT, back to V8? I get that there are issues/concerns with the added weight and decreased gas tank, etc with a hybrid Raptor, but I think Ford hopes to move past these issues in some way by the next Gen.

Or maybe they have their hand full with getting Gen 3 to market, developing the R, and everything else to even consider Gen 4.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It don't think we would see it till Gen 4 at the earliest. A lot will depend on how well an F150 powerboost is received over the next few years. I figure, Ford would want at least a 3rd of total sales to be powerboost before putting it the Raptor? Who knows.

The other thing is, where does Gen 4 go if not to hybrid? Squeeze more out of the V6TT, back to V8? I get that there are issues/concerns with the added weight and decreased gas tank, etc with a hybrid Raptor, but I think Ford hopes to move past these issues in some way by the next Gen.

Or maybe they have their hand full with getting Gen 3 to market, developing the R, and everything else to even consider Gen 4.
A lot of questions to be answered along the way. While Ford is going big on EV’s, they know they have a strong gas and diesel customer base to. Ford never declared to go all electric by 20XX like GM. Too much to leave on the table and smart for them.