Raptor R Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should have went with my 2020 but it was a busy couple of years. If pricing (ADMs) ever chills out enough for me to pick up an R guess I'll have to go.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
What’s the difference between R assault vs Raptor assault except for the different truck? Been there last year and haven’t decided to go this year with R.
I attended the regular Raptor assualt last month in April, at the end I asked the Ford Performance team what will be the difference in the Raptor R course/session. The answer last month was that they would be adding a 0-60 dirt run with th R's and will be lower ratio of instructors to trucks/drivers. That was it as of last month...

OP
OP
kenbrackins

kenbrackins

Reaction score
Hello All,

Here is a recap of my experience at the Raptor Assault: I had signed up for the R session but it is exactly the same as the regular Raptor session and the only difference is that you drive an R. My co-driver and I had a truck that only had 220 miles on it and we put about 60 miles on during the event so it had only been out a few times. When we were done, it was very dirty, inside and out. There were 2 other groups and it was a mixture of R's and ecoboosts. There was no difference at all in what we did and where we went. I learned a lot about the truck that I wouldn't have known if I didn't go on the trip. I would have never taken my truck on the rocky mountains that we traversed. Very cool route and very beautiful scenery (especially for a guy from flat Florida) The Raptors are amazing in this terrain and I will never get to utilize the truck properly where I live. I was happy that I went and would suggest it to others that don't have the opportunity to drive their trucks on mountains and over the rocky terrain like we did on the R.A. outing. I purchased the additional insurance but I would not recommend doing so. It is extremely unlikely that you will roll or total the trucks unless you purposely set out to do so. The deductible on the R is $7500 so unless you plan on driving off a cliff, save your money. Stay at the Holiday Inn in Tooele, it is much closer than the hotel that is recommended. If you have a significant other going, make sure they have something planned to do in advance, as the town is quite small and not much to do or see in the immediate area and they will be on their own for a full day. Mingle at the dinner and find someone to pair up with for the next day as you will be spending a lot of time with your co-driver. Luckily my partner was cool but it would've sucked to be with someone that you are not compatible with (like that obnoxious insurance salesman from Maryland! hahahaha-just kidding buddy). They have bought some land about 20 minutes away from the headquarters and they were still in the process of making the baja runs and jump so I think they will fine tune those as it was still a bit unorganized as of last week. Feel free to PM me for anything specific and I will be happy to respond with my honest opinion.

Regards,
Ken

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the 7-14-23 R class. Very worthwhile experience!
R,
HAP

Attachments

• Lunch Photo.jpg
    Lunch Photo.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 35
  • R Jump.jpg
    R Jump.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 34