Raptor R Allocation Deposit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt Ford is going to make an exclusive off road F-150 Raptor, that’s not street legal. They are not Polaris or Can-Am.
Even the GT is street legal.

What makes the Bronco Raptor not street legal?
Not the bronco raptor…. The bronco raptor R. That thing is not street legal.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the bronco raptor…. The bronco raptor R. That thing is not street legal.
that bronco is not a RAPTOR. its the Bronco DR. not to be confused with anything with the Raptor name on it.

and yes not street legal. they possibly could do that for the f150 but I don't think the rumors of a f150 raptor R would be that desert racer. they would be calling it a f150 DR. my thoughts on the name that is.

Last edited:

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that bronco is not a RAPTOR. its the Bronco DR. not to be confused with anything with the Raptor name on it.

and yes not street legal. they possibly could do that for the f150 but I don't think the rumors of a f150 raptor R would be that desert racer. they would be calling it a f150 DR. my thoughts on the name that is.
Going off what ford said at the gen3 reveal. They said the raptor r was not going to be street legal.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So is there a Bronco R officially announced? The DR is new to me and now I can see, it’s a true off road offering. Looks like it will be sold through Multimatic? Probably delivered through Ford? I can’t see why the Raptor version, or I haven’t heard it was only off-road.

I wouldn’t believe the F-150 Raptor R would be an off-road only exclusive. That would surely limit it and sales big time. Only reason would be, Ford wants a show piece that takes top honors and they won’t have to build but a few.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly the point. The Raptor R is not a competitor to the TRX if it’s price is $150k…. Not to mention no verification if it will be street legal. The bronco raptor r is not street legal and ford flubbed the intro of the gen 3 raptor by stating the r was off road only. In any case, I don’t think ford marketing is all that bright, so my bet is that there is still nothing to compete with the TRX.

Where are you getting your information from? I have seen nothing but rumors about the R being offroad only...nothing official from Ford on that. And never heard there was going to be a bronco raptor r.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that kind of money. just take your gen3 over to Roush, Shelby or Saleen. You will have something really unique then and you won't be left holding your bag for 1-2 years.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting your information from? I have seen nothing but rumors about the R being offroad only...nothing official from Ford on that. And never heard there was going to be a bronco raptor r.
Do you remember the Feb 2021 gen 3 reveal presentation? At the end when they showed the raptor r, they said it would be off-road only. Media picked up on that too…
Yes, the Bronco R is coming.. purpose built v8 bronco, off-road only, very few, and pricey.

For that kind of money. just take your gen3 over to Roush, Shelby or Saleen. You will have something really unique then and you won't be left holding your bag for 1-2 years.
Or, take your gen3 to PaxPower…. Much better options there.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you remember the Feb 2021 gen 3 reveal presentation? At the end when they showed the raptor r, they said it would be off-road only. Media picked up on that too…
Yes, the Bronco R is coming.. purpose built v8 bronco, off-road only, very few, and pricey.

Or, take your gen3 to PaxPower…. Much better options there.
I must have missed that. I only heard Levine from Ford say at the end of the reveal, Raptor R V8 coming next year. Not that it’s already a year late obviously.

Things have changed and they will continue to change and evolve. Until something is official, I don’t half believe it. Even verbals from manufactures and in some cases prototypes aren’t believable.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That DR is sick, but limited to 50 and approx tag of 200k. If I hit the lottery I would totally try and get one of those.