Raptor R against Shelby F-150 supercharged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lsher101

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve got a Raptor R on order in silver. My brother-in-law couldn’t get an allocation, so he ran out and bought a Shelby off road supercharged in, you guessed it, silver. Which truck do you think is gonna be faster and have a better 0-60 time? I’m thinking of changing the color as well. He was wanting blue before I got the silver.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious since Shelby has 775hp rating and normal f150 will be lighter, why is it still slower than R?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shelby is an aftermarket package installed by Tuscany in Indiana. It’s not a Ford production vehicle. It doesn’t compare to a factory engineered vehicle like the Raptor R; the “Shelby” is a conglomerate of aftermarket parts and badges.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Guess OP didn’t really make it clear what his BIL bought. Shelby F-150 or Shelby Raptor. Both slower than an R off-road. Shelby probably faster on the street. But, like said above…who cares about what it does at the stop light.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just curious since Shelby has 775hp rating and normal f150 will be lighter, why is it still slower than R?
Because that’s an aftermarket package with an advertised number and no validation. It’s not OEM engineered, it’s a conglomeration of various aftermarket parts with some badges stuck on. Just like the Gen 1 “Roush” trucks; they advertise “700HP” but can’t outrun a base model F-150.

The Shelby/Tuscany/Roush/Hennessy/SCA are all garbage; they share a penchant for taking a perfectly good running engine and destroying it by modding it outside of its intended design and purpose. Which is why they underperform and fail.

EDIT: SCA not SVC.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free