Raptor Pricing is Insane!! Or is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I use my raptor to chase a few races a year when not co driving. I get to go to the remote pits that not many other can go Unless in a raptor and no trailer or equally built truck. Nice doing it in a basically stock truck!
I remember my 2010 came with a video of the First Gen winning the stock class. So Awesome! My back hurt after watching the video. I don’t know how y’all do it. It’s Brutal!! It would literally knock the titanium out of my neck and back!!
Another reason I love my Raptor. I can Off-Road all day and still walk the next. I couldn’t get away with that in my Jeep. My H2’s were nice but not in the same sentence as the Raptor.
Start a thread with your Chase Pics. We would love to see them :grd:

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Raptors cost more but they hold their value.
Exactly! Sold my 2010 with 200k miles for $21k, could have gotten more I realize now :( dealership wanted to give me $14k, Baaaahaaa my fleet manager even told me, usually anything over 100k miles goes straight to auction. Yours will be on the lot tomorrow and gone by next week for $22k.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember my 2010 came with a video of the First Gen winning the stock class. So Awesome! My back hurt after watching the video. I don’t know how y’all do it. It’s Brutal!! It would literally knock the titanium out of my neck and back!!
Another reason I love my Raptor. I can Off-Road all day and still walk the next. I couldn’t get away with that in my Jeep. My H2’s were nice but not in the same sentence as the Raptor.
Start a thread with your Chase Pics. We would love to see them :grd:
I’m not the best at photo taking but I have a few. I’ll dig around.

My 2017 made a few trips. Really only photos from Vegas to Reno.
2020 Vegas to Reno. Nothing special at this pit.
7F98516B-95F4-472E-B4D8-576B9C97C031.jpeg
Hit a tree on the last 15 miles. Had to retrieve the truck the next day. Had to drive up the race course backwards to get to the truck and do some welding. Without the raptor we would have been in a pickle.
650227C2-F023-443F-B161-41D0FD95B3FC.jpeg
Loaded up.
3BFB428A-BD25-48B8-80F8-3247A45431A9.jpeg

2019 after some weekend testing

F87F4EED-3DD9-4C67-838D-6B05CFC64A26.jpeg

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you go Raptor…You can NEVER Go Back :favorites37::favorites37::favorites37:

The Gen2 Prices were killing me, I said F<>k it, I’m going to get a sweet azzz King Ranch and turn it into a Raptor!! I’ll show those F<>kers!! I can get the KR for $8K UNDER MSRP!! BUTTTTT….
I calculated after I did what I needed to do to it, to be able to to what I wanted with it, (10k Road Trip one week, 100mph across Death Valley the next) it would end up costing me the SAME or MORE than a Raptor annnnd….NOT COVERED UNDER 150K miles / 8yr WARRANTY!
It was a No Brainer. Even my wife agreed!
She even said “Your life is Hiking and Off-Roading. You will regret not getting another Raptor.”
Man am I glad I listened to her for once. My Gen2 2019 is so much more Refined and Advanced than my 2010, I couldn’t be HAPPIER!!
Honestly I could probably do “most” the trails I do with a stock KR FX4 with some good BFG Shoes. I’m not a Herbst Boy Pre-Running a SCORE RACE, but IT’S NOT A RAPTOR!
It’s a RAPTOR THING, You wouldn’t understand :dogpile::doh2: but I do trails in my Raptor at speed that would have Flipped My Ruby on its back.
If I ever leave her, it will be for a F350 Tremor, just so we can tow a bigger RV
RAPTORS NEVER DIE, THEY ONLY GET A NEW GENERATION :favorites37::favorites37::ehcapt::grd::grd::grd:
I would totally go 350 tremor if I had something to tow. Sold all my toys and just want a toy truck. I don’t drive many miles a year (about 5-6k/year) so she’ll be in prime condition for a long time. I know deep down the truck is more than I’ll ever need, but don’t tell the wife that!

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I’m not the best at photo taking but I have a few. I’ll dig around.

My 2017 made a few trips. Really only photos from Vegas to Reno.
2020 Vegas to Reno. Nothing special at this pit.
View attachment 324049
Hit a tree on the last 15 miles. Had to retrieve the truck the next day. Had to drive up the race course backwards to get to the truck and do some welding. Without the raptor we would have been in a pickle.
View attachment 324050
Loaded up.
View attachment 324051

2019 after some weekend testing

View attachment 324048
Ahhh, great grub at the Pioneer!! So cool. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing some more. It looks like some great times and memories for sure!
( Did you get Airbag deployment on the tree strike? I didn’t on my cactus strike, hard enough to bend the light bar or the tree strike someone did at Raptor Assault, the deployment limits must be set pretty high)

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahhh, great grub at the Pioneer!! So cool. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing some more. It looks like some great times and memories for sure!
( Did you get Airbag deployment on the tree strike? I didn’t on my cactus strike, hard enough to bend the light bar or the tree strike someone did at Raptor Assault, the deployment limits must be set pretty high)
The race truck hit the tree. Had to take a welder out on the raptor to weld up on the race truck. “Snapped steering shaft”

Eventually going to get the Gen3 out and about but. we do most of our testing on Lake Jean so the pioneer is a nice run down the back for a burger and drink. One day I’ll be able to get as many photos and desert time as you! Definitely love seeing ‘em while I’m stuck in Texas behind a work computer! Next week I’ll be co driving Battle at Primm so the Gen3 has to stay home.

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who has spent a fair amount of time in the co driver seat of an unlimited truck and countless prerunners, you hit the nail on the head.

You just can’t beat a raptor with a Ford warranty. Can you go fly across Baja at race speeds, no you can’t. But you CAN have a very fun time going at a decent speed that most would call very impressive. realistically, without a cage and 5 point harness it’s unsafe to do anyways. But the raptor just can’t be beat for price and capability for someone going out to have a great time and get some time out in the desert or on the trails.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I flirted with the AT4 for a minute. But the suspension is such a lackluster effort. GM needs to step up their off-road game big time.
Trust me on this, NOTHING like the Raptor! The Gen2 prices even drove me over to DODGE?? W-T-F I know, lol, (it would have been the end of what little self-respect I have left) I looked hard at the Power Wagon but it’s still an extended cab posing as a crew cab. The front locker and winch I loved. I think Ford should have done a front locker on the Tremor but I don’t have a enough knowledge to know if the Torsen Diff is just as reliable? The PW rode the road like my HS teachers 70 something PW.
I always tell people. It rides like an Escalade on the highway and will take me anywhere that I want to go and some I shouldn’t (see Raptor on a Razor Trail?)
IMHO

Last edited:
OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
The race truck hit the tree. Had to take a welder out on the raptor to weld up on the race truck. “Snapped steering shaft”

Eventually going to get the Gen3 out and about but. we do most of our testing on Lake Jean so the pioneer is a nice run down the back for a burger and drink. One day I’ll be able to get as many photos and desert time as you! Definitely love seeing ‘em while I’m stuck in Texas behind a work computer! Next week I’ll be co driving Battle at Primm so the Gen3 has to stay home.
Wow, GREAT FUN. Tell the Herbst boys that John ( they have no idea who I am) said hi :anitoof::anitoof: I use to keep an eye on their Aircraft Hanger at McCarran Airport though. Have a safe race, get someone to take some pictures for you!