Raptor prices may increase very soon

Discussion in 'Ford Articles, News and Media Reviews' started by Raptor911, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Raptor911

Raptor911 FRF Addict

2. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ironwood likes this.
  3. Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1 FRF Addict

Nick,
    Yes it would benefit Alcoa and the American aluminum producers. However it would allow them to charge higher prices as the competition would need to charge more because of the tariff. As all business in China is heavily government subsidized, some of the increased costs/tariffs would be eaten by the Chinese government..but not all of it....
    Ultimately it will lead to higher costs to the US consumer; but also increased jobs to Americans, which will increase the US economy....

Eddie

4. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Eddie, makes total sense. Decreased competition means increased prices. It's either wayyyy too late in the day for such topics for me or I just need to stick to truck parts.

Nick

5. Mike175

Mike175 Full Access Member

Not exactly so. This will ensure that China, Turkey, and crew are selling at the same price as US made products. As it is now they are selling at a lower rate. They don't have the same worker's rights, environmental constraints, taxes etc. that drive up US made products. And in the case of Chinese steel, they have been intentionally making steel at a loss to flood the market in an effort to drive out competition and corner it.

This is meant only to level the playing field as far as price is concerned. It may raise prices of finished goods not because US steel prices will rise but foreign prices will rise to current US prices.

6. Notn41

Notn41 Full Access Member

I hope not