Raptor prices may increase very soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nick,
Yes it would benefit Alcoa and the American aluminum producers. However it would allow them to charge higher prices as the competition would need to charge more because of the tariff. As all business in China is heavily government subsidized, some of the increased costs/tariffs would be eaten by the Chinese government..but not all of it....
Ultimately it will lead to higher costs to the US consumer; but also increased jobs to Americans, which will increase the US economy....

Eddie

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick,
Yes it would benefit Alcoa and the American aluminum producers. However it would allow them to charge higher prices as the competition would need to charge more because of the tariff. As all business in China is heavily government subsidized, some of the increased costs/tariffs would be eaten by the Chinese government..but not all of it....
Ultimately it will lead to higher costs to the US consumer; but also increased jobs to Americans, which will increase the US economy....

Eddie

Eddie, makes total sense. Decreased competition means increased prices. It's either wayyyy too late in the day for such topics for me or I just need to stick to truck parts.

Nick

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly so. This will ensure that China, Turkey, and crew are selling at the same price as US made products. As it is now they are selling at a lower rate. They don't have the same worker's rights, environmental constraints, taxes etc. that drive up US made products. And in the case of Chinese steel, they have been intentionally making steel at a loss to flood the market in an effort to drive out competition and corner it.

This is meant only to level the playing field as far as price is concerned. It may raise prices of finished goods not because US steel prices will rise but foreign prices will rise to current US prices.