GEN 1 Raptor Power Steering Saga - HELP :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCSoCal

Reaction score
Hi There - We have a 2011 Super Crew with 125k miles on it. The PS pump blew and I replaced the pump, belt, all pulleys and it blew another pump. I then replaced the rack and pinion plus new hoses all around.....and it blew the pump again after only 40 miles of driving. Truck has 35s on it and I drove 125k miles on the stock motorcraft pump and it's blown 2 new ones since - all street driving since the first repair.
There are no air leaks nor any obstructions in the system.
Now I'm being told to upgrade to an RPG or Howe pump after having the system inspected with not problems other than it keeps blowing the motorcraft pump.
Thoughts on this are appreciated - been a month pf power steering MISERY!
Thank You!

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many more threads are you gonna make on the same subject?

It sounds like perhaps the pulley swap and belt job might be out of sequence causing overpressure? Im more familiar with re circ ball and hydraulic ram steering. Not sure what that 6.2 has.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked him in the other thread if he replaced the reservoir, which has an internal filter. Never heard back.