Raptor Paint Wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone wrapped their Raptor? Wondering about the cost and durability. Many different colors and designs and paint protection are attractions for me. Thanks

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
34925ED8-A47B-4379-92C0-D432791AC70C.jpeg Yeah.

I had mine wrapped. They look good. But aren’t super durable. And they don’t cover any issues. So if you have deep chips in your paint, you’ll see that mark in your wrap.

The good thing is if you do have a problem, like some MF’er keying your truck a few weeks after you get it wrapped, it’s much easier to have them re-wrapped without having to blend in paint.

you get what you pay for though. Like all things. The cheaper you go, the less time they spend. So do they pull the bed and get behind the cab? How far down below the door will they wrap? Pull the rear bumper? Handles? It’s just like paint. The guys at maaco can spray some paint for sure. Right over the dirt, your door handles, etc. and do they wet sand and buff after? No. Same with wraps. The more time it takes to remove things, the more they charge.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 137135 Yeah.

I had mine wrapped. They look good. But aren’t super durable. And they don’t cover any issues. So if you have deep chips in your paint, you’ll see that mark in your wrap.

The good thing is if you do have a problem, like some MF’er keying your truck a few weeks after you get it wrapped, it’s much easier to have them re-wrapped without having to blend in paint.

you get what you pay for though. Like all things. The cheaper you go, the less time they spend. So do they pull the bed and get behind the cab? How far down below the door will they wrap? Pull the rear bumper? Handles? It’s just like paint. The guys at maaco can spray some paint for sure. Right over the dirt, your door handles, etc. and do they wet sand and buff after? No. Same with wraps. The more time it takes to remove things, the more they charge.

Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think the screws I have seen that were wrapped were only an illusion! Your's looks great. How picky did you go with yours and how much did you spend if you don't mind me asking? I'm just guessing but figure I'll have to budget between $3-5k.

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think the screws I have seen that were wrapped were only an illusion! Your's looks great. How picky did you go with yours and how much did you spend if you don't mind me asking? I'm just guessing but figure I'll have to budget between $3-5k.
Thread resurrection. I was just quoted $7k to have my SCAB fully wrapped. Seems exorbitant to me but I'm new to this. Too expensive IMHO.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thread resurrection. I was just quoted $7k to have my SCAB fully wrapped. Seems exorbitant to me but I'm new to this. Too expensive IMHO.
That's not normal. I was quoted 4k in the great white north and that is with removing the trim pieces, not the bumpers though. 7k would have to be door jams, the frame and inside the box, and your Prius, lol.

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone wrapped their Raptor? Wondering about the cost and durability. Many different colors and designs and paint protection are attractions for me. Thanks

Crazy, good to see you back bro. Hope all is well. Had mine wrapped with XPEL Stealth PPF and a double shot of ceramic coat over it - ran me about $8k. That is full body, removing pieces, top to bottom with a 10 year guarantee and lifetime warranty. The self healing and durability lead me to go with the PPF over the vinyl wrap. Here are a few before & after... let me know if you want to see some of the in progress pics...

BEFORE:
AxO5iBF.jpg

AFTER:
w9ssDwG.jpg

2bH6DSw.jpg