Raptor Owners stick together

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
meh...i hated the corvette wave when I had one......just like I hate seeing motorcyclist and their stupid wave.

I guess I am just anti social

I am Anti-Social.!! LOL
I hear ya....I've owned my Corvette going on 50 years now and back during the first 30 years,I did the "wave"...EVERYONE who owned one did it...then when I got out of my childhood :) I said this is stupid...and as more and more new ones were hitting the road,back in NY/NJ area,you would be waving half of your ride...so I just stopped it.....last 20 years out West,doesnt seem to be as big a thing and only time I'd even think of a thumbs up is if another 1963 drove by....LOL
But WOW...just about all the guys driving Motorcycles do it,and in the summer out here they might as well just keep one hand in the air all the time...they are passing each other all the time.>!

As far as the Raptor,I've had mine about 1 1/2 years now and its almost nill.....once a guy nodded to me while passing me and just the other day much to my surprise,down my little 2 lane road to my house a White Raptor was coming in other direction and he gave the hand lift off the steering wheel......very seldom which is fine with me..
Personally I can take it or leave it....and guess I got to be in the mood .... thats my Right...I am Anti-Social after all...:rolleyes:

petlh

Reaction score
Grew up in the country, mostly dirt roads and raised index finger/head nod common, meeting and passing. Now probably received with "What's his angle?" and raised middle. Miss the former, Raptor or not.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Us Prius owners are very advanced. We usually pull over and greet (hug and European kiss on the cheek thing) and then discuss how we are saving the world. Then sneer at all the SUV's and their greedy owners going by.....like probably 80% of the vehicles on the road.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Out here where there are a ton of them, it's just another pickup. When you're out in the sticks, everyone waves at everyone. In cities and towns, no, it's gay.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always interesting to read how other people feel about things...... I honestly don't think I've ever felt a certain way about someone waving to someone else, but to each his own.
I have both a Jeep and a Raptor and was curious about the same thing @DarthKickA55. It may be habit for me, but I have given the 'sort of' peace sign with the steering hand to other raptor drivers and I would say most of them have returned it. A few were first to initiate.
Also, I've convoyed a couple of times with both Gen1 and Gen2 raptors on long trips. Up to four on one trip to Houston. Looked cool.

View attachment 149464

After wheeling something other than a Jeep for a couple of decades I’ve come to think that many Jeep people I’ve run into in the offroad community are elitist ********, so **** their waving. I’m sick of their whining that my truck is too big for the trail because it doesn’t say Jeep on it. There are certainly times when my Bronco is physically too wide for a certain spot on a certain trail, but usually they don’t want non Jeeps just because. Even the Toyota guys are more accommodating.

I think we all know that Harley riders are total ****, and corvette people are suspect until proven otherwise.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wave/lift a few fingers off the wheel to every Raptor I see. Usually I get a 50% success rate for a nod or wave back.

I do it:
A) in recognition of your awesome truck
B) in recognition that we both lack any common sense for our choice in vehicles

I occasionally drive my roommate's Wrangler and get all the waves from the Jeep crew. If they can be proud of their underpowered, sloppy handling, ancient car, why can't we?

GatorBait

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes here in north Dallas I try the friendly wave to fellow raptor owners. Most aren’t ready for that or know why. But in time they will know. We’ve only been around 10 years vs jeeps forever. I’ve got a 92 lifted wrangler and will wave to other like jeeps not the stock soccer mom jeeps. Too many out there.

I’ve also had sport bikes and we would wave to all bikes except the Harley types cause they would ignore.

I’ve got first gen mustang and we wave to each other but rare to see them on the road. Too many new mustangs to care.

Fewer Raptors though and my wife laughs that I’m starting the wave with it here. She wanted me to get a specialized plate that says Wave2me. She’s silly. I only wave to Raptors cause they are cool. And I will keep doing it.