Raptor Owners Awaiting the C8 Arrival

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tremek

Reaction score
I'm interested for sure. With my e63s being reduced to ashes, I want something quick again and wow is this (in theory) a lot of car for the money.

I have had a G8 GXP (manual :)), CTS-V wagon (auto :() and other random GM V8s (Quadrasteer Suburban, Saab 9-7x Aero) before and for all the deserved flak GM gets for its interiors, it's tough to beat an LS if there's a good transmission connected to it.

The aftermarket for the C8 will be unparalleled too versus anything else in its class. Wouldn't be surprised if the base C8 can keep up with a GT500 on a road course.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the best part? It can be serviced at any Chevrolet dealership for a reasonable cost.

Tremek

Reaction score
And the best part? It can be serviced at any Chevrolet dealership for a reasonable cost.

Also true. For years I would take my G8 to the local Buick/GMC dealer and they were capable of doing the right thing. Once the ****** local Cadillac dealer invalidated my -V's warranty I did the same. Say what you will but that's the beauty of the GM dealership infrastructure; even though there's always some specialty things that will come up, the parts bin and institutional knowledge is deep and wide.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM made the decision to add 400 more employees to the assembly plant. It’s a smart decision as they will sell every one they can spit out, at least initially.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I skipped the C7 models, not a fan.
I've owned around 6 Corvettes, 4 were Z06s and 3 of those were C6.
This one really ticks all my boxes. Can't wait to hear about the Z06 version.

JPW Colorado

Reaction score
I've owned a C3, C4, two C5's and a C6. Never could tolerate the horrendous styling of the C7 especially the r ear end. Comparatively the C8 is a styling improvement. Except for the rear end, which continues to be too busy and have too much Camaro in it for me. As a past owner of a Ford GT and current owner of a Porsche Boxster Spyder, mid-engine design is where it's at for balance, traction for 0-60 times as well as laying down power coming out of corners. If the driving tests are as positive as the paper specs, GM will have finally caught up or even surpassed the competition especially in regards to performance/price/value. Still, all in all, you have to give a hand to GM for taking a big chance on a revolutionary redesign in the C8. Too bad some of the this thinking did not rub off on the new 2019 Silverado redesign. They played it way too conservative and now for the first time are number 3 in truck sales, losing the number 2 spot to Ram recently.