Raptor or Superduty?

Which one?

• Raptor

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Power stroke

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through this a while ago Raptor vs Tremor (+ Carli suspension). While catching air on a remote CO pass three weeks after I got the truck, I realized I made the right decision. Super duty’s need a lot of work to be good offroad and will never handle as good on or off road. Also, resale of a super duty with $10k in aftermarket goodies is gonna be miserable.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve debated the new f150- probably the only way I’m going to do it is with plans to supercharge it(have a little too much Ricky Bobby in me). Just don’t know if I want to void the warranty on a mew truck and feel like I would be underwhelmed with a stick 3.5 or 5.0.

You’d be surprised. TFL just did a drag race comparing a Raptor, a tuned non-HO-3.5, a TRX, and a Shelby Baja Raptor with S/C 5.0. The tuned Ecoboost placed just behind the TRX.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, if you don’t have a need for a Super Duty, why get one? Everything about the SD is made for heavy work. It will never be as fast, as comfortable, and handle as well as a Raptor. And let’s not forget that the diesel is a $10k option and prone to emissions system failures, especially if you aren’t working it hard daily. And good luck finding a quality diesel technician anymore to work on them when it does break down. Also, say goodbye to running your truck through the car wash. The touchless automatic I use has a height limit of 7’. The Raptor is close. A SD won’t fit.

Get the half ton, your wallet and spine will thank you for it.