Raptor or Platinum...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having test drove a platinum before I bought my raptor... not even sure why anyone would get a platinum? There really isnt much different inside the cab... platinum has a few extra leather accent pieces but thats really it. The only TRUE reason I could see anyone wanting a platinum over a raptor is they WANT the small ecoboost engine, they WANT 2wd and they WANT a lower ride height. Aside from that... the raptor just looks better. Platinum reminds me of any other "fancy" truck.... "Hey, lets glue some shiny crap on the tailgate of this truck... give it some extra badges and charge 5K more."

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother has a Platnium - he wanted to get a Raptor but it would not fit in his garage. I recently borrowered for a few days for my commute to see what it was like. I then test drove a raptor over a shorter, but similar road condition, route - in 2 minuntes I was sold on the Raptor rider over the Platnium.

The Platnium rode much better than my Diesal truck and better than the GMC 1500 I test drove with the Z71 package (ride sucks) and the Toyota as well. The Toyota with TRD rides better than stock, they did their homework - GM did not on the Z71.

The Raptor rides better than any truck, stock or not I have been in. It looks great and to me is the perfect truck, if you don't need to tow big. After 3 diesel trucks in a row I am looking forward to a great ride (albiet crappy gas mileage!).

Mine was not coming until 7/3, but got call today that it will be at the dealer this weekend so I should have it next week!

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother has a Platnium - he wanted to get a Raptor but it would not fit in his garage. I recently borrowered for a few days for my commute to see what it was like. I then test drove a raptor over a shorter, but similar road condition, route - in 2 minuntes I was sold on the Raptor rider over the Platnium.

The Platnium rode much better than my Diesal truck and better than the GMC 1500 I test drove with the Z71 package (ride sucks) and the Toyota as well. The Toyota with TRD rides better than stock, they did their homework - GM did not on the Z71.

The Raptor rides better than any truck, stock or not I have been in. It looks great and to me is the perfect truck, if you don't need to tow big. After 3 diesel trucks in a row I am looking forward to a great ride (albiet crappy gas mileage!).

Mine was not coming until 7/3, but got call today that it will be at the dealer this weekend so I should have it next week!

why wouldn't it fit in his garage over a platinum.

BS

LS3 CJ7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The platinum and Raptor are two completely different animals. Different size, performance, ride, amenities and looks. I love my raptor but the platinum is a great truck too. My dad has a platinum and I drive it all the time. They are both Ford trucks. Enough said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not much different in the way of luxury between the two trucks. What you will notice down the road is that the Raptor will hold its value to a greater degree than the Platinum. Since the price is similar the only concern would be if your clients are older and have difficulty with the egress of the Raptor... Good luck with your choice...