Raptor on turo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sleepy Python

Reaction score
Planning a trip to Colorado and came across this 2020 Raptor for rent on Turo. "Masih" is the host and turo doesn't allow for me to message him before booking a trip. Has anyone seen this truck rolling around the denver area? Would love to get in contact with the owner. Shot in the dark but lets see if anything turns up. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 361754

I'm curious if you ended up doing this and what you're experience was as a renter?

I have a Gen 2 that is my baby and I am not sure I could ever rent it out as others are saying, but Turo does seem to do a good job protecting the owners and you can add requirements such as a certain age to help protect against inexperienced drivers. Yes, age doesn't always mean a better driver, but it's a start lol.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor is the least delicate vehicle I've owned in years so if I was in the market to rent something, that would be the one. Sometimes I feel like the only car enthusiast that doesn't get emotional about owning a hunk of glass and metal. If it gets broken or stolen, insurance fixes it or buys a new one and life goes on.

I am always surprised how people brag about abusing rental vehicles, as if intentionally damaging a stranger's property is somehow different than intentionally damaging your best friend's property. :33:

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if you ended up doing this and what you're experience was as a renter?

I have a Gen 2 that is my baby and I am not sure I could ever rent it out as others are saying, but Turo does seem to do a good job protecting the owners and you can add requirements such as a certain age to help protect against inexperienced drivers. Yes, age doesn't always mean a better driver, but it's a start lol.
nope i never rented it. I have rented multiple cars on Turo including a gen 1 raptor in Lake Tahoe, a 4runner TRD Pro, tundra trd pro (2022), an FX4 F150, manual mini cooper supercharged, porsche 911 targa, and multiple jeeps. I personally do not abuse others cars, but Turo makes it very easy as a renter to find and rent these cars. Using Turo to book your rental car for vacation is very easy and you can almost always arrange for airport delivery. The car is usually sitting in the parking lot waiting for you when you arrive. Usually they leave a lock box hidden somewhere, give you the code and the keys are inside. The raptor i rented had a little lock box hanging off the driver front window and i was able to put the code in and drive off. Some vehicles even have Turo app unlock.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renting out a Raptor to complete strangers so they can drive at high speeds on unfamiliar roads without anyone witnessing it...... What could possibly go wrong ?
Most likely he has some sort of a built in obd2 reader GPS that has tracking and driving behaviors sent to his mobile phone. A friend of mine joined us in a private track day and turo'd a jaguar and after one lap he received a text from the host asking him why he's at thunderhill raceway and that if he is tracking the car he will be charged $1000 as per the contract for wear and tear.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ability to easily track the location and speed of new cars is why I'm sticking to my 2011 Gen 1, and why I'll never own or even rent an EV. My aftermarket GPS doesn't broadcast my evil deeds, and a Faraday bag for my cellphone keeps it from ratting me out as well.