GEN 2 Raptor newbie looking at 2018 tomorrow - advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhouse55

Reaction score
Hello all,
Tomorrow I will be going to look at a 2018 Raptor Super Cab with less than 60k miles. So far I have the following to check while I’m looking at and driving the vehicle. Is there anything else I should look for? Many thanks in advance,

- Check for noise upon cold start up (cam phasers)
- Moonroof functionality and quick look at tracks inside and out to make sure they’re not cracked
- Engage 4 Lo and Hi when on test drive to make sure no issues
- Transmission (listen and feel while driving)
- Leaks underneath

Carfax shows one owner vehicle and no accidents. Thanks!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the maintenance history, if its been dealer serviced since new by the original owner, that's a good sign as well. If you are buying from a Ford dealer they can look up what has been done under warranty since new, if it's not posted on the carfax. Check the fusebox and make sure all o the original size fuses are in there and look for any hacked up wiring. etc under the hood. Good luck, that's not bad mileage. Iff you buy it, you're required to post pics here!

magknow

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2018 with 48k and will be selling or trading it in next month. Do you mind sharing the approximate amount the seller is asking?

Many thanks

Blkshp18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive it and feel for any wheel hop, shaking in the steering wheel, and make sure all sensors are working. Mainly the pre-collision and lane assist. Maybe have a friend who’s a mechanic take a look at it.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some early 18's have a plastic oil pan which I wouldn't want.
If it's not leaking now I wouldn't worry about it but if it is leaking that would be a deal breaker. I put 42K miles on my 2017 and it never leaked but many others have.

Lucami

Reaction score
As others have mentioned other than regular maintenance, always good to verify the previous owner and how the truck was used.