Raptor MyMode Settings new for 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Ford was listening and made it possible to save your vehicle modes (steering, suspension, exhaust, auto on/off) for the 2022MY. I believe that is the only major addition to the 2022 over the 2021. This feature fixes an annoyance in the 21's because the modes had to be set every time you started your Raptor.

Ford added a Raptor button to the steering wheel that opens a new menu on the dash (MyMode Settings).

Raptor Button.png

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is awesome !!! Excited to set mine up hopefully I'll see it in 2022. :( Ordered in Nov 2021 801 - 37" Still NO VIN yet

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like something that could be retroactively added to 21's (sans fancy Raptor button). Here's to hoping?
I would love to see something similar.... frustrating to have to change each time I get in. At least in "slippery" mode it asks if you want to stay in it if not too long since you got out. @FordTechOne any word on adding a "MyRaptor" capability through all the programming that has to be available in the system?

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think and hope this could be a system update to the 2021's.

Also 666 Miles on a full tank? Sheesh I get half of that on mine. I can't seem to crack the 11MPG barrier

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would love to see something similar.... frustrating to have to change each time I get in. At least in "slippery" mode it asks if you want to stay in it if not too long since you got out. @FordTechOne any word on adding a "MyRaptor" capability through all the programming that has to be available in the system?
I honestly have no idea, someone who is well versed in ForScan would have to compare the module configurations between ‘21 and ‘22 to see if it’s possible.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea, someone who is well versed in ForScan would have to compare the module configurations between ‘21 and ‘22 to see if it’s possible.

Pretty much that. May be possible.

So much give and take.

22 loses ambient lights in some areas and some other stuff 21 doesn’t get the cool button.

robopop

Reaction score
It’s seriously annoying that Ford hasn’t figured out how to do software right. Saving settings from previous driving session should be 100% a software update from factory delivered over the air.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s seriously annoying that Ford hasn’t figured out how to do software right. Saving settings from previous driving session should be 100% a software update from factory delivered over the air.

Guys... count your blessings for the improvement. Remember, Jen Too it’s normal eco mode EVERY startup.

I’m given to understand that this is Ford’s answer to the cafe standards, and that if they permit you to “select” modes and there’s an impact to fuel economy, then the truck has to be validated with that setting. On the high way I’m not sure what speed they’re testing at. Follow along though.

At any speed below 62-63mph on my speedo it’s the minimum 10th gear speed in sport mode.

In normal mode, 10th gear comes in a full 20mph earlier.
I can say that this definitely helps on Island time, where speeds are capped at 60mph and nobody’s in a hurry. Think NC Outer Banks.
I’ve pulled 21mpg on vacation there. which included a couple trips out on to the sand.

I didn’t see a lot of difference in mpg where it’s mixed to minimal driving “in town” using sport mode, but if it’s only low speed stuff I can’t touch 20mpg using sport. Even driving sport mode like Island time driving.

That doesn’t mean I like this default to eco mode, I don’t. Just that it’s what they’re doing to certify the fuel economy. So I’ve heard.