Raptor - Moab Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N2Deep

Reaction score
Interested in helping with any pre-runs in the spring. I have some routes thru the Parashant area and around the Grand Canyon area. I live in Mesquite, NV so not too far from Southern Utah but have not hit a ton of the trails.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interested in helping with any pre-runs in the spring. I have some routes thru the Parashant area and around the Grand Canyon area. I live in Mesquite, NV so not too far from Southern Utah but have not hit a ton of the trails.

Awesome, love the help.

Rodbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam, I would be interested in going out to Moab, I will be retired by then with plenty of time on my hands, let me know what I can do to help and when we are leaving.

mcomcorp

Reaction score
New Member Interested in Moab

Hello to all,

I just got my 2014 11k miles a few weeks ago. I live in Miami but am planning a trip out to Moab and vicinity for some time in February, probably mid to end. I am an amateur photographer and would like to photograph all that area. I do not know anything about off road and I don't have an interest in rock crawling or really difficult passages. But I do want to learn how to manage my truck off road on roads and trails that will get me to some of the very remote and beautiful areas. I do not want to put the truck at risk or ding and scratch it up. I want to use it within its capabilities and not push them up to their limits. I am sure my limits will come much quicker than the truck's limits. I think I can be out there about 2 to 3 weeks. Here are my questions;

1. Help in learning how to off road. Are there any schools or people who give training in off roading out there or on the way from Miami? I would gladly stop and take some lessons to get the feel for it.

2. Maps. I have the Moab guide to backroads and trails that ranks the difficulty. I am wondering if this is good and how tough the trails are for someone who is inexperienced.

3. How can I get copies of the maps, gps coordinates, etc of routes many of you have taken and identified, with your explanations of what levels of difficulty are there?

4. I am thinking day trips but I would not be adverse to staying in the truck a few nights if there are some good spots. I am wondering if my truck bed tent and a space heater are going to be enough for nights in February.

Thank you in advance for your comments,

Best,

Michael Cannon