Raptor Lights Kit - Lights Out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BendSprinter

Reaction score
Not sure what I did or where to look. Installed the lights and everything worked great for a bit. Have Rigid Pros and KC kit.

Noticed Aux 2 Lights Out - Rigid Driving Lights - was guessing connection.

Next noticed I lost one of the Rigid Spots. Only one side on.

Checked all connectors, including unclipping/reclipping harness connectors (looked dry) and rewiring connections except ground which look fine.

Finally found Aux 2 fuse was blown (?) replaced fuse and now I have one working Spot and Driving on Aux 1/2.

What should I check next?? Seems odd that two lights went bad but I sure where to go from here.

We have been getting hammered with weather not sure that would have any impact.

CF60EA6A-F8FF-4E7B-A983-6E2DB0A747D8.jpeg

718AD3F7-7479-434C-843D-F868D3C08C6E.jpeg

4C3B2DEB-6C77-48D2-B2C2-3B443D4C4D03.jpeg

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to reverse the hot and ground connections? I did that initially (made my own harness) and they illuminated for a bit then blew the fuse. I traced my wires back, saw the error I had made, reversed the wires and replaced the fuse. Everything has been working fine since. Note, this was on Baja Designs not Rigid, but I'm sure it could be the same.

OP
OP
B

BendSprinter

Reaction score
Did you happen to reverse the hot and ground connections? I did that initially (made my own harness) and they illuminated for a bit then blew the fuse. I traced my wires back, saw the error I had made, reversed the wires and replaced the fuse. Everything has been working fine since. Note, this was on Baja Designs not Rigid, but I'm sure it could be the same.

I used the harness from raptorlights.com - I think they only clip in one way and lock. Maybe though—I’ll check them again in the morning.

Thanks!

OP
OP
B

BendSprinter

Reaction score
Redid ground, switched harness plugs and all remain the same lights out.

Would it be reasonable to lose two lights in less than 3 months? Lot of snow driving and wet gunk thrown underneath the rig but wired that two are out and a fuse was blown.

Switching the harnes plugs I would think would make the lights that were out work unless I’m missing something.

Connections with the harness are simply connecting one wire to aux wire and a ground. So crazy.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switching the harnes plugs I would think would make the lights that were out work unless I’m missing something.

I’m not quite sure what you mean here. Did you swap the connections with the two that are working then? That would tell you if it was the lights or the wires. If they didn’t work after swapping them then it’s the lights. Likewise if the ones that worked before also worked on the other connection, it’s not the wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is the lights, aren’t they still under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BendSprinter

Reaction score
@BendSprinter Just saw this! If you're still having issues, just give us a call 888-466-8991.

If the lights are bad, yes they're under warranty.

You guys are awesome and I never doubted you would be there for me. l just wanted to check to see if there was something dumb I did or something I should check before calling.

Will check in Monday - Thanks!