Raptor Lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone with 3.oes try cranking up the driverside a little more than the passenger side front coil overs? could also help since all the weight is on the drivers side anyways.

D

Deleted member 12951

Was looking at the raptor lean again since its been awhile for me, still there and not frame or cab bolts to blame, I know those are good.

Funny though, looking at the cluster while in my flat driveway, even the electronics are showing the lean.

c8c3faf662cf182904a7c331bcad4cb0.jpg

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Replying to a thread where @RDFTS talked about Raptor Lean I thought I would share my findings I talked about in that thread here as well...

Exaggerated lean

I have experienced Raptor lean ever since I did my shock rebuild and installed Deaver +2's back in December, which I didn't have before the rebuild/Deaver install. With my chase rack and some gear... about 250lbs in the bed I measured the passenger and drivers side read from the ground to the center of the rear flare. It was around 44.5" on the passenger and 43.25" on the drivers side. The lean was noticeable.

I made a mistake with going with +2 instead of +3 and corrected that issue with Deaver a few weeks ago by re-arching to +3 with a load leaf. I still had the same amount of Raptor lean at 45.5" and 44.5" and Deaver arched 5/8" more on the drivers side that made little difference.

Over the weekend I was at the ROC shop where we did a Flutter Stack upgrade to my shocks. All four were removed and upgraded with the ROC Stage 1 build. After the shock re-install my Raptor Lean was practically gone.

We now believe the shock pressure was off on both rear shocks, especially the drivers side. After the shock rebuild back in December I had a small leak that was fixed a few days later. The pressure gauge at the shop was dropped and the housing was cracked. Could that have led to charging the shock with the wrong pressure?

Anyway, with both rear shocks charged to 250psi in the rear with a full tank of gas I show no visible Raptor lean. After a day of fun in the desert my rear settled a bit at 44" pass and 43.75" driver.

If I were you I should check shock PSI.

D

Deleted member 12951

Replying to a thread where @RDFTS talked about Raptor Lean I thought I would share my findings I talked about in that thread here as well...

Exaggerated lean

I have experienced Raptor lean ever since I did my shock rebuild and installed Deaver +2's back in December, which I didn't have before the rebuild/Deaver install. With my chase rack and some gear... about 250lbs in the bed I measured the passenger and drivers side read from the ground to the center of the rear flare. It was around 44.5" on the passenger and 43.25" on the drivers side. The lean was noticeable.

I made a mistake with going with +2 instead of +3 and corrected that issue with Deaver a few weeks ago by re-arching to +3 with a load leaf. I still had the same amount of Raptor lean at 45.5" and 44.5" and Deaver arched 5/8" more on the drivers side that made little difference.

Over the weekend I was at the ROC shop where we did a Flutter Stack upgrade to my shocks. All four were removed and upgraded with the ROC Stage 1 build. After the shock re-install my Raptor Lean was practically gone.

We now believe the shock pressure was off on both rear shocks, especially the drivers side. After the shock rebuild back in December I had a small leak that was fixed a few days later. The pressure gauge at the shop was dropped and the housing was cracked. Could that have led to charging the shock with the wrong pressure?

Anyway, with both rear shocks charged to 250psi in the rear with a full tank of gas I show no visible Raptor lean. After a day of fun in the desert my rear settled a bit at 44" pass and 43.75" driver.

If I were you I should check shock PSI.

Good to know. My driver side is 1" lower on the driver side, even with an empty fuel tank. I was wondering if my ICON RXT leaf spring on that side has somewhat sacked out already. Only had them for a year so far. I called ICON about it and was told we haven't had that happen on them (but hey, they are new so why would they?). I do have the add-a-leaf that ICON offers installed.

Is there a way to know visually if your leaf springs are sacked or not?

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Good to know. My driver side is 1" lower on the driver side, even with an empty fuel tank. I was wondering if my ICON RXT leaf spring on that side has somewhat sacked out already. Only had them for a year so far. I called ICON about it and was told we haven't had that happen on them (but hey, they are new so why would they?). I do have the add-a-leaf that ICON offers installed.

Is there a way to know visually if your leaf springs are sacked or not?

There may be but I'm not sure myself. In my case my +2's where OK just not the right application for what I needed. Deaver re-arched and added the load leaf and said nothing about them other than they are good to go.

Huge difference too! I'm 2" higher off the bumps and even with a load I sit higher than I did with a empty bed and hitting the bump stops now feel a lot less harsh :)

Corona4Me

Reaction score
I'm 3/4" high on the RR post Deaver +2's and RPG shackel's (-1") maybe put the stock shackle back on the left....or, a + 1" top of the LF spring??