GEN 1 Raptor leak in rear of cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCR 223

Reaction score
x4, it's the 3rd brake light. The gasket sucks. I ended up using some clear silicone and it hasn't leaked since.
what about the rubber tab where the cab and roof panels meet (back of cab, each corner)? has a weird rivet in it... maybe silicone that as well.... anyone have issues with that?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what about the rubber tab where the cab and roof panels meet (back of cab, each corner)? has a weird rivet in it... maybe silicone that as well.... anyone have issues with that?

X5 on the third brake light, even if it's not evident, a leak (which is common) will cause problems with other systems as well.

Not sure what those rubber strips are, other than to cover up welds, but I haven't had any issues with those...

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it is the 3rd brake light and enough water gets on the circuit board with the three red led marker lights the dash on your Raptor will light up like a christmas tree and throw all kinds of fault warnings and dtc codes. If you can't see standing water in the 3rd brake light I would look at the sliding glass in the rear window. Good luck finding what is causing the issue.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the “step carpet“ is wet are you sure it’s not the rear drain hose (I think for the sun roof). Mine was disconnected, apparently this happens often in F150s. Pulled interior trim piece by rear belt and was able to reach down to bottom and felt loose hose. Reattached to grommet down there and it’s been fine since.

My rear door sills filled with water. Pain in the ass to get the water out. Ended up using a syringe to pull it out and fan to dry carpet.

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine was leaking from the rear window drivers side corner. Replaced the seal for the window and no more leaks.

Forgot to mention that I did the rear window seal after I resealed my third brake light a few times and even replaced it with a new one. Still leaked. Definitely start with the 3rd brake light first.

Last edited:

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x5 or x6 or x7, lost count, 3rd brake light. If you seal it with clear RTV and it still leaks at least you have eliminated the most obvious culprit.

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a Raptor specifically, but a buddy of mine has a F-150 SCREW that had a similar wet carpet issue. Turned out that behind the rear seat, on the back wall of the cab, there are two vents to the outside, these relieve air pressure when you close the doors. These vents are really just slatted openings with light pieces of rubber (flaps) laying over them. When you close the door internal pressure blows the rubber flap open and vents the air.

In his case one of the light rubber flaps had curled up, and was open all the time. When it rained (not common in the desert, so it took a while for him to figure out what was happening) the rain dripped / flowed down the back of the cab and in via the curled up flap. Flowed down the inside back wall, and down behind / under the carpet.

T!