Raptor is about to get Decked.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone else looking into the decked system, I just put one in and shared the same pains with install with those angles as well as a few QC issues with hardware. As others have said, customer service was top notch though!

I will day for anyone looking at the system, it’s awesome, but don’t buy it yet!! Wait a few months. Decked will be changing up the way the system is mounted and installed. I may or may not have the truck that they’ll be installing one of the first of this new system on in the next couple months. ;)

Stay tuned for an in depth review.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if rear bed side supports/stabilizers could installed and work, clearing the drawers.

Obviously some designs won't but I was wondering if the is a design out there that would work with the decked drawers.
Some will. I’ll take clearer pics for reference tomorrow. I was looking specifically at BajaMod because their picture shows clearly how they line up with the ridges and looks like it would clear.

D

Deleted member 17706

For anyone else looking into the decked system, I just put one in and shared the same pains with install with those angles as well as a few QC issues with hardware. As others have said, customer service was top notch though!

I will day for anyone looking at the system, it’s awesome, but don’t buy it yet!! Wait a few months. Decked will be changing up the way the system is mounted and installed. I may or may not have the truck that they’ll be installing one of the first of this new system on in the next couple months. ;)

Stay tuned for an in depth review.

Who did you deal with? Margo? I agree their customer service is great! Lol I will have to contact Decked and inquire about the new design. I may be selling my new Decked.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who did you deal with? Margo? I agree their customer service is great! Lol I will have to contact Decked and inquire about the new design. I may be selling my new Decked.
There are a few folks who helped and Margo is one of them.

I just realized why I may have had such a hard time installing. @Sgt Beavis I think we got each other’s angles. I just emailed back Decked. My kit also had two similarly oriented angles. I just assumed they were designed with the slots centerline of the plate, but according to you there are different angles for each side. Oops.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's almost enough to make a grown man cry...
Decked sent me the wrong part for my truck. These are two brackets that are supposed to replace the cab side tie downs. Unfortunately they sent me two of the brackets for the passenger side and not one for each side. I called Decked support and they're sending me a replacement but DAGNABBIT I was hoping to get this done today..

I guess I won't get to work on this until the weekend at the earliest but at least by then my fogs will be in...

49554551716_8342fd0b98_b.jpg

I’ve confirmed. We’re basically Eskimo bro’s. I got the two driver side brackets.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if rear bed side supports/stabilizers could installed and work, clearing the drawers.

Obviously some designs won't but I was wondering if the is a design out there that would work with the decked drawers.

Tried to get a pic from almost the same angle so you can see where the ridges fall. It appears BajaMod and similar stabilizers would fit.

7A67ED2A-DB04-4549-8755-4EBC8B5B389D.jpeg

0EA66CA2-A129-4FE5-8CB4-DF668A6FEB9F.png

F46E7034-143A-40B2-A838-D2AAE503D87B.jpeg

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at the point now that I'm debating whether or not to keep the Decked system. Keep in mind, I'm not complaining about the system itself but whether it fits my specific needs. IMO it has performed flawlessly. I've been through multiple rainstorms and none of my gear has gotten wet. The biggest downside to me is that the drawers are simply smaller than I'd like them to be and their oddly shaped bottom makes it more challenging to pack my gear. I've pretty much got them stuffed with camping and recovery gear. I'd like to see a future version offer fully flat bottomed drawers that are maybe 2" wider for the full sized truck. Also, I see no reason those cubby holes shouldn't be water tight. Right now they're kind of useless to me.

I still don't know what I'll do. I may sell this and get a diamondback or a bed cap. Either would give me more usable and secure cargo space. A bed cap would let me camp in the bed but I need to have options for covering an open tailgate because the bed, by itself, isn't long enough for my 6'2" frame. If I go with a Diamondback, I'll either need a rooftop tent (which presents other issues) or simply camp in a regular tent.

Decisions decisions.. ;);)

50046814193_65d8d47e6c_b.jpg

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A bed cap would let me camp in the bed but I need to have options for covering an open tailgate because the bed, by itself, isn't long enough for my 6'2" frame.

If you're alone, you can sleep diagonally under a tonneau. I did just that a week and a half ago when it started raining in the night and it was very nice. The best thing is that it's dark. Really dark. I wake up at first light, no matter how little sleep I've gotten. I managed to sleep past dawn and past sunrise under the tonneau. 6:30! Whoo hoo! An extra hour and a half. I think I like it better than a cap for sleeping and way better than a cap for looks.