Raptor Incoming - Built, Awaiting Shipment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at that and it didn’t help much. My dealer isn’t acting funny or suggesting a markup of their own. They’re also doing me a favor sticking to MSRP, so I have no intention of giving them a hard time.

I’m trying to learn if Ford themselves will cover the change in factory pricing (not at my dealers expense). Can’t seem to find any clear information from Ford themselves on Price Protection. Can’t tell if it’s protection from dealer markup (not a problem here) or factory price increase after the order is placed.
Yes, Ford covers it. Looks like the previous post is pretty much spot on! Some dealers try to monetize it for themselves... knowing they will pay the original MSRP. Those are the ones some guys here are unfortunately having to work with.

rudychan

Reaction score
If your the original person to order this truck and you have a cost sheet the dealership should honor the price protection . I would talk with your salesperson and the manager if necessary.

I’m waiting for a Raptor that was already built for someone else. The original person on the order sheet couldn’t wait any longer and purchased a TRX. Since I was in the wait list for an allocation they offered it to me. They sent me the original sales order which was less than todays MSRP. When they sent me the window sticker the cost was adjusted to todays market. MSRP went up about $3k.

They told me that since I was not the original person who ordered the Raptor price protection does not apply. Based on previous threads on this topic it appears this is consistent with Fords policy for price protection.

Good Luck with your truck I hope the one that comes in is what’s on the wi Dow sticker. 2022 Black 35 801a beadlock wheels spraying bedliner tonneau bed cover and the lockable storage safe. The only missing to make it perfect is the pro power.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd just start a thread about my order progress, since people seem to compare notes on production timing a lot.

—Order placed 2/1/22. Raptor 35 (because 37s make it slower) with 801A, moonroof, ProPower, blue seats, beadlock capable wheels, and spray bedliner. Left the tonneau cover off the order because the dealer said it could cause extra delays.

—Production was scheduled for 6/6/22
——Production happened 6/12/22

—Built 6/14/22

—Arrival at dealer (in NY state) estimated 7/9-7/16. Will be interesting to see if that changes a lot but I've seen a bunch of people with that kind of timing work out.

One thing I'm curious about is this Ford Price Protection thing. When the order was placed base price was $65375 and options plus delivery made MSRP $81245. Now that the window sticker is generated the base climbed to $69525. 801A dropped a bit but not by the difference and MSRP is now $84100.

Am I stuck with the price hike?
Mine was 86300 2k invertor and block warmer for Calif

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 5 days from the 7-month mark now. Still awaiting Shipping, and almost 2 weeks past the end of the window Ford gave. Dealer says he'd hope for late this month early next month. We'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free