Raptor in small accident, body shop or dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yea, I’m not too concerned with “fast”….between the wife’s car and a rental, we’re set. Just trying to decide if I trust the dealer’s body shop or not. I did not buy in the state, so I don’t know much about the dealers here.

Just got mine back after 4 months of waiting for parts. My truck was hit on the front passenger wheel and they rolled up and crashed the right side of the bumper and also reached the skid plate. In total, it was about $6000 worth of damage. The back ordered parts that caused the major delay were the passenger side steering box and T rod.

20210827_190038.jpg20210827_192954.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rbraptor

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is definitely worse than mine. It just crushed in the driver’s side piece of the bumper, crushed the fig light kit, and scratched up other things around there. Is the more, internal damage? Maybe. But I’ll take it in and hopefully they can get the parts quickly.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got hit in parking lot,the guy put wrong gear and hit me in front passenger side.
was a low car(Honda accord) and truck slide on top of car who was destroy.
bumper have to be change and the silver plate under carriage,no internal dammage.
bring to my local body shop .
the sensor was change(ask for it) but had to bring to dealer for recalibrating and for wheel aligment
1641589052105.png
total dammage was $ 4 000.
carfax show cosmetic dammage only,no extra money from insurance.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Body shops work for insurance companies. Not you. Sad but true.
That's because insurance is the one paying us... I mean if the customer wants to pay the difference for all OEM parts they are more than welcome to, but don't paint us as the bad guys.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's because insurance is the one paying us... I mean if the customer wants to pay the difference for all OEM parts they are more than welcome to, but don't paint us as the bad guys.
I understand. ... But I've had some bad experiences. Unnecessarily.
Even when my insurance company is happy to pay whatever is needed to put it right.

Please let us know your shop so we can send you the business since you put your insured customers first.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand. ... But I've had some bad experiences. Unnecessarily.
Even when my insurance company is happy to pay whatever is needed to put it right.

Please let us know your shop so we can send you the business since you put your insured customers first.
I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with body shops. There can be some real shady ones out there. But like i stated earlier we stand behind our work for as long as you own the vehicle, regardless if it is insurance or not.