Raptor in a Hole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
30x40 garage will have storage for our camper with 11' tall doors and 10' wide. It will also have 6" thick concrete poured for half the floor of it. I am also running 100 amp service to the garage so that I can have all the power i will ever need out there. My wife is non too happy about the extra charges for this, but she understands that I am planning for the future of the shop. I actually already have a lift in mind. she just wont let me buy it yet... lol
I'm finishing up a new house with s shop out behind right now. I ran 200 to the house and 200 to the shop, 400 total. The freaking energy company would only run 200 amps for 150 feet and I am 273 away so they had to "design and place" a new transformer closer to the shop. 2 freaking months waiting on them but it just got set today!

Screenshot 2022-06-16 195944.JPG

Screenshot 2022-06-16 200050.JPG

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing up a new house with s shop out behind right now. I ran 200 to the house and 200 to the shop, 400 total. The freaking energy company would only run 200 amps for 150 feet and I am 273 away so they had to "design and place" a new transformer closer to the shop. 2 freaking months waiting on them but it just got set today!

View attachment 359214

View attachment 359215
i need your job. you got like $5m in lumber there

OP
OP
Jaymare404

Jaymare404

Reaction score

View attachment 359214

View attachment 359215
Thats a beautiful shop! If my power company has a problem with this, they can shove it up their dupa! There will literally be a box within 20' of the detached garage. I think that they are going to run 400 to the house and then split the 100 off the house to the garage. I should not have 2 meters. At least that is the way I told the builder I wanted it. I saved some money on it by not having them finish it out. I will have a plug in for the camper and then can run whatever plugs I deem correct and to where I deem I want them in the future. It will have dual garage doors that are wired up but besides that, it will be me running all the drops I think. I am also having it roughed in for possible plumbing in the future, but im not sure when/ if i will need it. We shall see. I paid extra for both the electric and plumbing so if it is not correct, i will be a little mad.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Type of dude that thinks he needs to ask a builder permission to drive a truck into a hole he’s paying him 7 figures to dig is same type of dude to bring up “world situations” when he feels the need to post bout it. I’ll see myself out the door now. Bahahaha

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a young man, and not totally grasping how a roots type blower actually works, i thought that was the coolest thing ever and wanted to put on my car. My dad, who was a trucker had to explain to me how blowers really work. Loved how they used a hi/low range knob to activate, I was pretty familiar with that watching my dad go through the gears in his old 12 speed Jimmy cab-over. One of the best movies of all times, when Mel was somewhat normal.
Maybe it couldn't be done with a Carburetor But AMG built a Mercedes in the Mid 2000's with a supercharger that had an electric clutch (same as A/C compressor). Under no boost a bypass opens and allows air to bypass the supercharger. Mash on the throttle and the bypass closes and the clutch engages, and boost comes on. Driving one you would never know the supercharger isn't driven all the time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaymare404

Jaymare404

Reaction score
Type of dude that thinks he needs to ask a builder permission to drive a truck into a hole he’s paying him 7 figures to dig is same type of dude to bring up “world situations” when he feels the need to post bout it. I’ll see myself out the door now. Bahahaha
Heres the thing... first of all, i made the comment about world situations because i didnt want anyone to come in here and voice their opinion about building in current financial turmoil blah blah blah. its my house and I will build when and how i feel like it.

Secondly, the part about asking for permission, I technically do not own the land yet. The company I am having build my home owns the land, the building, etc until I do the final closing on it. I have paid him to start the construction, but his company is financing the build until it is completed and my family has closed on the sale of it, so YES i did ask permission to be on THEIR property that they are building MY future house on.

And lastly... its not a seven figure house. ;)

THANK YOU AND GOODNITE! Lol

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heres the thing... first of all, i made the comment about world situations because i didnt want anyone to come in here and voice their opinion about building in current financial turmoil blah blah blah. its my house and I will build when and how i feel like it.

Secondly, the part about asking for permission, I technically do not own the land yet. The company I am having build my home owns the land, the building, etc until I do the final closing on it. I have paid him to start the construction, but his company is financing the build until it is completed and my family has closed on the sale of it, so YES i did ask permission to be on THEIR property that they are building MY future house on.

And lastly... its not a seven figure house. ;)

THANK YOU AND GOODNITE! Lol
Good answers, solid troll job on my part too though- was waiting for a response lol!

I’m always looking to stick my Raptor in places it shouldn’t be, that’s 1/2 the fun!