Raptor Heim Steering Tie Rod System.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Conner I curious as to what differences your tie rods have compared to other well know shops that sell tie rod upgrades at 1/2 the price of yours. Are you're tie rods bigger, stronger, make the truck faster etc... than shops like Camburg offers?

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well first off I did not see any type of tie rods for the raptor on Camburg web site. The one I did see is for a 2500 Chevy and it has heavy duty ball joints, 1" rod and stock inner pivot point from what I can see on line. The one we offer are equivalent to their race style kits witch consist of the same components. We just offer stainless steel cleaves instead of steel. So the Fk chromoly heim for this application is way stronger. The rod it's self is made of 7075 aircraft grade aluminum and is 1-1/4" OD. We had these parts engineered and structurally tested by a independent laboratory. One of the first parts to fail on the raptor is the tie rod so I wanted to make something structurally sound so that the avid off road enthusiasts does not bend or brake his factory tie rod/ball joint and be left helpless in the desert. This is our first venture is the design process in making suspension parts so I wanted to be very through in engineering and testing. You are welcome to come down and take a look. Connor

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Is it common for Raptor tie rods to break? Never heard of it happening

Jerry doesn't offer anything for Raptors, but he does for several other trucks and that's what I was going off of.
I've run Camburgs clevis's on 2 trucks(3rd being built) and built my own tie rods for the 1st 2 and never had them heat treated, never saw a failure. Do you know of anyone else in the industry thats treating their tie rods?

Do you think this is an upgrade for someone doing a Barstow-Vegas run or more of an upgrade for someone that wants to run a lap in Barstow WFO.

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only the tapered pins are heat treated and coted. The rod is 7075 aluminum. We just had 2 Raptors in this last week. 1 with a broken one that he had welded in the middle of no were and the other would not align due to a bent tie rod. So to answer your question I think it is a perfect upgrade for all raptor owners who use their truck from mild to wild. I also bent 1 on a Pre run 100% my fault due to texting while off roading. Leson learned. We also should be getting back our first frame support kit and bump stop relocator in next week form laser cutting. I have had several engineers and top notch TT builders help on this one. So I can wait to test it out Personaly. I am trying to keep it really cost affective. Have you had any issues with the rear frame bump stop yet?