Raptor Heim Steering Tie Rod System.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are a must for the serious off road enthusiast as well as the Raptor owner who enjoys weekend adventures.

This heavy duty tie rod system is designed to replace the factory Ford Raptor tie rod assembly. The factory unit is notorious for failing where the threads meet the jam nut on the rod assembly and OEM tapered style ball joint. Another weak spot on the factory assembly is the inner tie rod pivot were the rod tapers down from 3/4” to 3/8”. This is the most common point of breakage.

The “ORP” otherwise known as “Outlaw Raptor Products” tie rod adjuster is made from 7075 aircraft grade aluminum. The 1-1/4” anodized adjuster tapers down to 1-1/8” with machined flats for easy alignment adjustment. The OEM tapered end pins are made up of 4340 heat treated material and are black oxide coated for rust prevention. They will fit directly into the factory spindle with no modifications necessary. All the 3/4” heims used are FK chromoly teflon coated. The misalignment spacers and custom machined clevises are 17-4 stainless steel. All the hardware included is grade 8.

Outlaw Raptor Link:
ORP Heim Steering Tie Rod System. 7075 aluminum 1-1/4

Attachments

• ORP Heim Tie Rod 1.jpg
    ORP Heim Tie Rod 1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 85
  • ORP Heim Tie Rod 2.jpg
    ORP Heim Tie Rod 2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 87
  • ORP Heim Tie Rod 3.jpg
    ORP Heim Tie Rod 3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 86
  • ORP Heim Tie Rod 4.jpg
    ORP Heim Tie Rod 4.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well do the math. Custom machined clevises, custom machined tapered aluminum Rod's, alignment spacers, custom machined tapered pins, heat treating, anodizing and the chromoly FK heims it adds up quickly. But the factory tie rods will be the first to go and at over $200.00 at the dealer for each side you can start to see the point of the upgrade. Just be thankful you don't own a trophy truck. $$$$$$$$$

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see a big deal
Have your factory tie rods fail out in the middle of no where and they wont look near as expensive.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it somewhere so if I did please excuse my inquiry. Did you see these fail on trucks that went on the 'run', and if so, how many failed?

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$800!? HOLY GOD!!! I expected 200 maybe 300

I thought the exact same thing at first. Then I remembered when I sheered off my heim joints in the GT500. 50 bucks a pop for that damned heim joint. Count the number of heim joints, add in the machining. There isn't much room left for profit after that and paying for the engineering because everyone knows that most people are not going to use this product unless they are running their trucks [H]ard. There has to be a break even point. It sure isn't in the install because once on the lift, it is probably a 15 minute install. The beauty to this product is in the fact that extra Heim joints are easy to throw into your parts box (which everyone who off roads should have). If you break it while off in the desert or wherever, it is fairly easy to match up where the threads to adjust the new heim joint and bolt the new one back into place. 30 minutes later or less you are back on the road enjoying your day. My hope is that ORP continues to develop a complete set of heim jointed parts for the trucks so that it can be bought as part of several packages for different price points.