Raptor Gen 3 got a Mexican engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordus

Reaction score
Am very disappointed that when I placed my order for a gen 3 raptor my dealer told me that the gen 3 is an American born. To my knowledge the raptor got a Mexican engine?! and now this is happening
I found this very stressful

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
News exaggerates everything like it’s widespread. Not all parts on the Raptor are domestic - that’s just a reality.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Am very disappointed that when I placed my order for a gen 3 raptor my dealer told me that the gen 3 is an American born. To my knowledge the raptor got a Mexican engine?! and now this is happening
I found this very stressful
The F-150 isn't even in the top 20 vehicles for US-made content. And your dealer is a weasel. American born? WTF is that supposed to mean? I take it to mean that he figured you'd take it differently than he meant it. Looks like that was a bullseye. If you can't get over it, cancel your order and buy American. You'll be walking because you can't even buy a bicycle that's 100% American made. Probably walking barefoot ...

OP
OP
F

Fordus

Reaction score
The F-150 isn't even in the top 20 vehicles for US-made content. And your dealer is a weasel. American born? WTF is that supposed to mean? I take it to mean that he figured you'd take it differently than he meant it. Looks like that was a bullseye. If you can't get over it, cancel your order and buy American. You'll be walking because you can't even buy a bicycle that's 100% American made. Probably walking barefoot ...
I did already and apparently a bicycle is way better to me at the moment however TRX with American engin and German transmission. My advice to you is that you should get a real truck

OP
OP
F

Fordus

Reaction score
News exaggerates everything like it’s widespread. Not all parts on the Raptor are domestic - that’s just a reality.
Indeed but at least the dealer shouldn’t lie to me and say it got an American engine and American transmission.I wouldn’t mind plastic coming from Canada and bolts coming from Mexico or whatever.
That’s where the disappointment came from
Thank you for being polite

OP
OP
F

Fordus

Reaction score
P
Powerstroke engines are assembled in Mexico if I recall correctly
i never knew that and i
Literally asked the dealer about the engine and he said it got an American engine and an American transmission. I mean the raptor will get sold anyway I don’t see why he lied. but the TRX got an American engine. Why not ford. I don’t get it. Am
Sorry I just had to vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.