Raptor Friendly Baja Routes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DumpsterFire

Reaction score
Hello all,

I live in CA and am trying to coordinate a trip to Baja. I'm planning to enter across the Tijuana or Tecate border and go from there. Is there a good list of Raptor-friendly trails in baja to make a route? Most maps/routes I have found online are focused towards adventure bikes and do not clearly specify 4x4 compatibility. So far I think that the Compadre trail seems like a good place to start and work from there. Any advice/ route links are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compadre to Horsepower ranch first night or compadre Cross the 3 and take the road to mikes sky ranch or rancho melling for the first night.

from horsepower ranch to Rancho meling day 2. Some peeps like to meet at horsepower ranch to kick things off in case some people can’t make it till later in the day they can asphalt down and meet up. You can also arrange to leave trailers there if you need to

If your coming from up north then a meet up in San Diego with a group dinner would be fun.

Mikes is kind of a must do Baja thing but I think Rancho Meling is a little nicer. Mikes does have a pool though.

Last edited:

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Rancho meling on dirt or asphalt out to el pirata on the coast west of camalu and then down the coast to san quintin for next night.
Or
from Rancho meling On dirt out towards Vicente Guerrero to the coast and down to San quintin

probably need to be on some race course to do dirt to Guerrero but it’s not all bad. Just the wash part.

Overnight San quintin

San Quintin north on the coast to Coyote Cals Hostel on the coast at Erendira. Overnight at coyote Cals

dirt north the next day to the highway at Santo Tomas just south of Ensenada.

Head home on asphalt with tacos at El Trailero just north of Ensenada

or at urupan take race course across north and east to the 3 then compadre back home.

those or some main points. You’ll still need to do your research