Raptor First Drive - Very Bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Sean,

Glad you jumped in the conversation. You certainly have a right to your opinion and a right to defend it here. I have read your magazine on several occasions and will say that I've enjoyed its content. Just for what it's worth, be forewarned that this forum is not like most. We don't typically reign our members in and we definitely don't want to censor what they say... so as this thread moves forward, please keep in mind that the staff mentality here is more of a all-is-fair-in-love-and-war than most forums. I'm sure you also know that you're speaking to an incredibly biased room, after all, you said it yourself: we've already made our decisions with our pocketbooks. Nevertheless, the debate you bring is welcome here. While our bias may sway some of us toward considering our purchases to be unrivaled, I truly don't see the harm or foul in someone offering up a comparative perspective that results in a major difference of opinion. The fact that you compare vehicles like this for a living does certainly give you a unique perspective in this scenario, but like most American vehicle owners, you will find the majority of our members here are pretty brand-loyal. That loyalty may even prevent some from being able to properly consider your argument, but in your line of work I'm willing to bet you run into this line of thinking regularly when going about a comparative voyage. Like most/all of the guys here, the Raptor appeals to me much more than the Power Wagon, but I'm more than willing to hear your argument.
Anyway, I'm glad SOCOMech invited you over, please feel free to either continue the debate or tell us what you do like about the Raptor. Either way, your contributions are welcome as food for the forum.

-Bo

p.s. And I don't care who's side of the argument you're on, statements like:

pirate air said:
America wasn't built on vaginas

....are pretty hilarious for all to read. You are more than welcome to fire back if you'd like. As I said, this is a very open forum and we play it fast and loose here.

HaleOfBay

Reaction score
i think no matter what sean says he's beating a dead horse...most people are pretty set in their ways. not that he shouldnt try, but a gun may help him be more "persuasive". but prison time is never fun unless your in to the whole violent shower ****, i'm not trying to talk you out of it. again most people are pretty set in their ways. i work for a construction company and we drive trucks till they blow or start on fire...like a 91 chevy 2500 i drove at work a fire started under the dash by the steering column and by the time i got it off the road the buttons had melted out of the radio. a 2008 dodge 2500 had the shifter linkage break off after 300 miles. a ford 350 we had for a while if you turned to the right like when youre driving on a crowned road vibrated so bad the tool box doors couldnt stay shut. every vehicle i ever drove had pros and cons its all about what you wanna do with it and what you can put up with...sorry for rambling, but lets all agree on one thing, none of us like hondas. i thought that was one of the rules on the forum...

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
i think no matter what sean says he's beating a dead horse...most people are pretty set in their ways. not that he shouldnt try, but a gun may help him be more "persuasive". but prison time is never fun unless your in to the whole violent shower ****, i'm not trying to talk you out of it. again most people are pretty set in their ways. i work for a construction company and we drive trucks till they blow or start on fire...like a 91 chevy 2500 i drove at work a fire started under the dash by the steering column and by the time i got it off the road the buttons had melted out of the radio. a 2008 dodge 2500 had the shifter linkage break off after 300 miles. a ford 350 we had for a while if you turned to the right like when youre driving on a crowned road vibrated so bad the tool box doors couldnt stay shut. every vehicle i ever drove had pros and cons its all about what you wanna do with it and what you can put up with...sorry for rambling, but lets all agree on one thing, none of us like hondas. i thought that was one of the rules on the forum...

Yup - just say no to 'Honda'.
But we do like vaginas though - although they cost more than the Raptor...

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
I'm going to give a big +1 to Sean for showing up and stepping up. I hope to hear more from him, and I think all would agree that he knows his stuff and is qualified to give an opinion on the subject of trucks. We all do well to remember that whether or not one agrees with his opinion is a very different thing from whether or not he is qualified to offer it.

While I think the Raptor was the better truck for me, I can see where other folks would find that the PW is the better truck for them. The "better" vehicle is an extremely subjective thing--especially among enthusiasts. The adage "There's an ass for every seat" is an accurate one, and the fact that other's asses may gravitate toward the PW as opposed to the Raptor should surprise no one.

Anyhow, welcome Sean, and I do hope you continue to frequent the forum.

Last edited:

lacrosseman812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya the raptors are freaking sweet i dont have on yet im trying to get one but the inside is awsome jus from the pics and vids ive seen and the out side looks awsome when i see on on the street