Raptor First Drive - Very Bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I think they're the editors for Four Wheel magazine. **** sticks indeed.

Four Wheel Magazine or Four Wheeler Magazine? I spent some time with Sean Holman from Four Wheeler magazine when they used my truck for an article and they love it, even named it truck of the year this year. Those yahoo's in this vid seem like they're local newspaper auto editors. That vid is waaaay to easy to pick apart.

seanpholman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Someone just forwarded me this thread, so I thought I would hop on and respond personally. I am Sean Holman, the Tech Editor for Four Wheeler magazine and not the "**** stick" as previously reported by someone who clearly has not ever read an issue of Four Wheeler.

Four Wheeler has gone on the record as fans of the Raptor and probably have more miles in the truck than just about any publication. And while I have brought up in print, and to the engineers, areas that I think it could be improved (front limited slip, grab handles, trans programing improvements, low speed harshness) you won't find a bigger fan than me. In fact, I first broke the story of the Raptor existence several years ago on fourwheeler.com, which was picked up by magazines everywhere.

I was also one of two journalists who were brought in to the design studio to see it first, and I have had extensive testing behind the wheel, including SOCOMech's truck last year. We also named the Raptor 6.2 our 2011 Four Wheeler Pick Up Truck of the Year, and I was in Detroit last week to personally hand off the award to the Ford/SVT team.

Long travel 4x4s are no stranger to the pages of Four Wheeler. Those of you who do read the magazine will remember my Project RangeRunner project, which was a Ranger FX4 that was built with Dixon Brothers Racing and had 14-inches of front wheel travel and 17-inches of rear.

Trust me, we know a good truck when we see one and I just felt like I had to respond to clear the Four Wheeler name and those of the members on staff.

--Sean

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Someone just forwarded me this thread, so I thought I would hop on and respond personally. I am Sean Holman, the Tech Editor for Four Wheeler magazine and not the "**** stick" as previously reported by someone who clearly has not ever read an issue of Four Wheeler.

Four Wheeler has gone on the record as fans of the Raptor and probably have more miles in the truck than just about any publication. And while I have brought up in print, and to the engineers, areas that I think it could be improved (front limited slip, grab handles, trans programing improvements, low speed harshness) you won't find a bigger fan than me. In fact, I first broke the story of the Raptor existence several years ago on fourwheeler.com, which was picked up by magazines everywhere.

I was also one of two journalists who were brought in to the design studio to see it first, and I have had extensive testing behind the wheel, including SOCOMech's truck last year. We also named the Raptor 6.2 our 2011 Four Wheeler Pick Up Truck of the Year, and I was in Detroit last week to personally hand off the award to the Ford/SVT team.

Long travel 4x4s are no stranger to the pages of Four Wheeler. Those of you who do read the magazine will remember my Project RangeRunner project, which was a Ranger FX4 that was built with Dixon Brothers Racing and had 14-inches of front wheel travel and 17-inches of rear.

Trust me, we know a good truck when we see one and I just felt like I had to respond to clear the Four Wheeler name and those of the members on staff.

--Sean

Welcome Sean, sorry for any confusion. The guys in that video, were **** sticks. I'm not sure why Four Wheeler Magazine was brought in to it. Thanks for stopping by :D

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I have a feeling the four wheel, or wheeler, reference was referring to an article a while back and a Raptor/Dodge comparison where the writer seemed to favor the Dodge...

Anyway Sean - welcome! As you read through some of our posts here, you'll probably find we like promoting the Raptor too - we just don't have as large an audience as you!