Raptor Depreciation thought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgt1031

Reaction score
I just looked up my Range Rover on Manheim MMR using the VIN and received a base MMR. This is the exact number the dealer offered for a trade. They didnt take into account any of the options which we over 20k over base MSRP.

It looks like it would be better on the resale value to purchase a Raptor with as few options as possible because the dealer rarely gives added money for them on trade.

Thoughts?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The only reason the dealer will take your vehicle in trade is their belief in the likelihood of them being able to turn around and sell it. For that to be worthwhile it has to be profitable for them to do it. Options all add some value to the vehicle at resale, unless there’s some flaw discovered between the time of sale and trade. An example might be is a vehicle with a history of abnormally high repairs on say, sunroof or similar.

Raptors also traditionally hold their value in the used market pretty well.
I’m sure the decked out 802a models won’t get a dollar for dollar value add over 800a or 801a, but probably a good bit, particularly for lane keeping, which can get an insurance discount.

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For most cars you won't be getting the money from options back. Especially cars like land rovers, Porsche, Bentley, BMW, Mercedes ect. Maybe you can within the first two years to some extent, but after that there will be a minimal difference between a fully loaded car and a base.

Finnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes a difference when 2 are on the lot side by side with different options. Many buyers are uneducated and just buy from emotion.

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did all the numbers well before I ordered my 17 801a Raptor.
The resale values on previous years Raptors were from 20% to 50% higher than a very well equipped F150 like King Ranch.
I think the G2 Raptor will do similar numbers regardless of the G2 Ecoboost V6 (which has proven to be a great engine)..

Thumpzilla44

Reaction score
I have owned 3 RR’s .. they suck.
Look at the class action lawsuit in NJ for timing chains. Last one I owned had 80k miles, 4 years old..2 months out of warranty dealer said it had timingchains issues and it would be 14k to fix or would give me 12k trade on a new one! This car New was 97k new. Drove the car to a ford dealer who I new.. he gave me 30k on the trade and a Raptor at msrp. No brainer! RR depreciate approx 14k per year for the 1st 3 years.. Raptor I guess is probably at 5k? This may change as they are producing more raptors but still a better value. The interiors in the RR are laughable for the price you pay..

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Just dumped my 2019 RR SC. The worst SUV I've owned. Lost $7k and was happy.

Electrical issues constantly, local dealer is the worst on the plant, just a terrible car.