Raptor deployed as a street machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Parking the Raptor isn't that hard. Especially a SCab Raptor. It just takes getting used to because you've likely never driven anything this wide. Once you get the hang of it you can whip into spots pretty easily. The height is a pain in the ass when it comes to parking garages for sure.

GABA

Reaction score
I have a SCAB. Parking isn't much of an issue for me but I don't live in a busy city. Back up camera and alarms help.

As for comfort, I love to drive it both on and off-road. My 2 kids don't really like to travel very far in the back though as they tend to get carsick in it. We also have a 2015 a Suburban that they love. The Raptor has a sportier suspension feel. If you are looking for an on-road cush ride, I'd look elsewhere. If you have any interest in doing 85mph off-road, look no further. If the looks, feel, and sound are enough to help you overlook cost, MPG, and some inconvenience, go for it. It's certainly a head-turner. I truly love driving mine, especially way too fast off-road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buyfire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with everyone that Raptors ride great, when compared to most other trucks. But, you guys claiming that a Rap "handles like a sports car" are on some pretty good drugs, or have never owned/driven a sports car.

I'd describe it like this. It's easy to have fun in my Rap because the tires and suspension allow you to break the tires loose about whenever you desire. I would NOT describe it as a corner carver.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
**** guys, really. If you're worried about parking a Raptor don't buy one.

It's a big pickup truck - not much bigger than any other Super Crew pickup.

Get yourself an old Ford Ranger (or wait for the new one) or a Prius. Really.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

@WhatExit? raises quite a valid drawback to the Raptor: PARKING. You won't enjoy trying to park in parking structures, and if you manage to get a Raptor into a parking structure you may not get it out as easily.

All last year I had to make regular runs to Salt Lake City for medical check-ups, and vertical clearance in the parking structure prohibited taking the Raptor. I could have had the valets park it outside, but there's something about handing the keys of an expensive supertruck to a pimply-faced 18 year old kid. (Not that I have anything against pimples or kids.) Those were the two options. There was no provision for parking your own vehicle outside of the structure. So I took my wife's car when I'd rather take the Raptor, and I trusted her with my supertruck.

It's a tall vehicle. Sometimes it's a disadvantage.

Oh, and if you intend to park your Raptor in your garage at home, get out your trusty tape measure and make sure it'll fit. I had to rearrange my whole shop to accommodate the Raptor, and my table saw wound up in the basement. You sure as hell don't want to park a truck like this out on the street or even in your driveway. Many are the sad horror stories that go along with that.

#TableSawsRule

(Recently sold my Delta Unisaw for what I paid for it - the Raptor of table saws :ROFLJest: )

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
**** guys, really. If you're worried about parking a Raptor don't buy one.

It's a big pickup truck - not much bigger than any other Super Crew pickup.

Get yourself an old Ford Ranger (or wait for the new one) or a Prius. Really.

This is me and my 2011 Raptor with 75K miles on it not worried about parking it. It's a factor of ownership, not a worry, and a valid response to the OP's original question.

Really!
:)

OP
OP
B

big

Reaction score
Found a used 2013 to test drive.

I thought the ride was very nice.

The extra 6" of width comes from the bulbous fenders. Which is what gives it that macho look and covers the wider track and tires.

I thought the exhaust noise was rather loud. Too loud for my tastes. Don't know if the original owner had modified the mufflers. The Gen2s are of course a completely different story.

I have a 2005 4 door Tundra. I'm relatively accustomed to driving large trucks. Biggest complaint about the Tundra is parking. Its a PIA, especially in places like the **** Depot parking lot. I actually have another car to use when I know I'm not going to need the Tundra, but inevitably I find myself parking the beast in difficult places.

Several people have told me that my generation of Tundra was turning circle challenged. I've driven a couple F-150s and seat of the pants, they don't seem much better.

A new truck of course is going to have all those cameras. That will definitely help.

It is difficult to convince the dealers to give you a test drive on a new one. None of the local guys even have any inventory, and if they did, every homeboy in the next six counties would be by for a test/joy ride.

Driving the gen1 I think is a good analogue. It is quite a large beast. Trying to convince myself that's the driving experience I want.