Raptor Daily Driver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckian

Reaction score
Mine is my daily. No complaints thus far. It does everything from Garbage dump runs to shuttling the kiddos wherever they need to go. Oh and it does Starbucks drive thru's like a champ. Haven't gotten it stuck on a curb yet!

Haven't really towed much yet but that'll change in the Spring when we get the SXS and ATV out of winter hibernation.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crash mine Lightning,5 inch of hail!
was totaled because cannot find parts to repair.
bought the Raptor....

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been daily driving ours since 2013. Had a 73 mach1 that I treated as a garage queen. Turned me into a complete azzhole. Decided after that I'll put a picture on the wall if that's how I'm gonna be. Yeah, it's a raptor, but we daily drive both of ours like trucks. Not garaged, driven year round including snow, salt etc. Life is too short to not enjoy driving these trucks. When we get a foot or two of snow, these trucks make you feel like a road warrior. But I also maintain the sh!at out of them, washing them as much as needed in the winter, as they are barely affordable for my budget. I have an older bronco and rzr for my serious off roading here in Michigan's U.P. Love these trucks.

Last edited:

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I should have mentioned that we originally owned two 2013s that we put 86k and 54k on, and currently have a 2020 with 42k on and a recently purchased 2023 with 1.2k. I managed to get over the "gotta have a V8" and enjoy these trucks for what they are: awesome!

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I daily drive mine as well, works great for school drop off's and drive throughs. :D I look forward to running errands these days.

Last edited:

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I should have mentioned that we originally owned two 2013s that we put 86k and 54k on, and currently have a 2020 with 42k on and a recently purchased 2023 with 1.2k. I managed to get over the "gotta have a V8" and enjoy these trucks for what they are: awesome!
I bought a '23 with 35s. My love for the V8 has more to do with sound than performance. I obviously didn't get this truck for the fuel economy but averaging 8-10 MPG and the +$30k (before ADM) with the R just isn't worth it for me.

That being said, if I were single with a more disposable income, like paying giant ADM without batting an eye, I'd get the R in a heartbeat. I'm just not gonna get that truck AND sleep on the couch.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t drive my Vette in crappy weather b/c I like keeping it clean & not putting a lot of effort @ doing so- still gets PLENTY dirty in warm dry weather as it is, it also can’t tow, can’t haul, my wife can’t drive stick, & can only carry 1 other person lol- so considering that I have a wife, 2 kids & 2 dogs….I consider the 3.5-5k miles a year I put on it pretty good!

On other hand- the German performance cars? Yeah 100% drive em like ya stole em until 50k then trade em & wash rinse repeat (this doesn’t apply to some Porsche models tho- they’re too collectible to do that to)

My next ride may be a Civic or Integra 4 door w/ a stick shift so I can ring out the gears w/ a proper manual while getting hood mpg carrying all (well most) of the fam & not caring much about the cleanliness of the undercarriage to how many coats of wax I have on it lol Raptor, crazy modded C5Z, & a turbo 4 banger DD fun car w/ a manual
I guess a corvette is a special vehicle maybe a few very special models but is still a corvette. Wasn’t the C5 the corvette where the actual value and asking sale price was off by 10k, way over inflated. There were thousands of diaper rubbed, only driven in perfect conditions and no miles it is still a very mass produced car

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmanuelrmz