Raptor Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some of us don't like the looks of the wanna-be pre-runner trophy trucks. I'm not a racer.

I used mine as a farm truck and hunting truck.

I want a bumper that will withstand a deer or Harley strike. I doubt the cute little tube bumpers will offer much protection. They may be great for your "approach angles," but that's about all they're good for. There's too much exposed around the control arms/wheels...if you did smoke a deer and it went through the wheel area I'd bet it would do some damage underneath there as well to the bumper area.

Like I said, it's only my opinion. To each their own, I just personally think it's too bulky for the size of the truck.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go with Fab Four or Iron Bull . .

you will need to trim the fender flares.

I think Ice Cobra had a thread on the Iron Bull
--->need to see some of his pictures<---

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some of us don't like the looks of the wanna-be pre-runner trophy trucks. I'm not a racer.

I used mine as a farm truck and hunting truck.

I want a bumper that will withstand a deer or Harley strike. I doubt the cute little tube bumpers will offer much protection.

I was torn between ADD stealth and venom. I like the tight more stock look of the venom, but the protection of the stealth appealed to me as well. Especially after gordhunt's experiences with wildlife. There are a lot of deer and some elk around here. Ultimately I felt like the stealth looked like a snowplow. I asked ADD if they'd gotten any feedback about the Venom versus deer. They said no, but a guy did hit a Miata with one, with minimal damage.

The tubular steel still offers a shit ton more protection than stock. Wait til you remove that stock bumper & see how light plastic it is. I feel MUCH safer with the Venom now, especially after scheduling it on my insurance policy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...especially after scheduling it on my insurance policy.

i was wondering about that!

i wish ADD would list weights on its page. after seeing the >200# weight of the fab four, i quickly rethought that!

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The venom was nowhere near that. Maybe 40-50# after LineXed

I'm not a big guy & haven't worked out in years, but could easily move it around by myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't think i can run a front license plate AND a winch on the venom. looking like it's the stealth then for me. too bad it's so honking heavy! or maybe the race, with the plate off to the side...

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get better idea the two Baja's replace the two side markers and you have to trim a bit of the flare on each side so it does sit higher than most deer equalizers.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Timgco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't think i can run a front license plate AND a winch on the venom. looking like it's the stealth then for me. too bad it's so honking heavy! or maybe the race, with the plate off to the side...

there are a few different fairlead L plate mounts that will work with the Venom bumper. Rockdawg has one that just plugs into the fairlead and worked well for me on my last Raptor. AEV makes one that I am using on my stock bumper with SDHQ winch plate now.