GEN 2 Raptor bed-extender suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it. Hated OEM as it folds to each side and takes up space in the bed. I do suggest getting the adapter that allows you to not have to drill holes in your bed. It's only like another $50 and let's you utilize existing screw holes in the bed.

This works perfect extending your bed or for not allowing items such as groceries or gas cans sliding around in the bed. The sport fits much better with tonneau covers than the max hd.

Thank you for the information! I was curious what to do between the sport and the max hd... doesn’t seem like you really lose a lot of space going to the sport, just a few inches on the corners.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My OEM bed extender gets used most of the time to keep stuff from sliding to the front of the bed. Since my 2014 came with the bed extender I now order all of my trucks with the bed extender and tailgate step.

SAM_0566.JPG

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the OEM one and it love it. ive never had a bed extender before but as everyone has said i always keep it in use as it creates a nice compartment so things dont shift around. Its built well and sometimes i even just leave one side out if i need more room for longer objects in the bed.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While it won't extend the bed, if the goal is to just keep items from sliding around, you can also get a 4' x 6' truck net for around $30 or less.

I looked at getting a bed extender, but didn't feel great about spending a couple hundred bucks for what will mostly be used for groceries. I keep the net in place all the time underneath the tonneau cover and so far no issues, but I've only used it a handful of times over short distances. If I ever feel like I gotta go with an extender, I'm only out $30.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You want to extend your bed huh? Try one of these. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CADYILQ

Kidding, but I have one and it does work great for long items. I've hauled 16' long boards with my Raptor without issue. 16' is pushing it though with a 5.5' bed, it's better with a 6.5' bed truck. I ratchet strap down under the main arm and criss-cross strap over the lumber with the hooks in the loops on top.

Reaction score
I have had the OEM and the AMP HD. Love the AMP version. The shape allows you to utilize the whole bed, and it is easily removed when you don’t need it. I also used their mount that used existing holes, as well as their quick release that allows you to remove it without folding the Tonneau cover back. Great product and more functional than the OEM

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all - I'm looking at purchasing a bed extender for some additional room in the rear during trips (I somehow got myself into mountain biking recently, it is a tight squeeze.) Does anyone have any suggestions? Not sure how I feel about the OEM one, kinda looks like legos.

This is the current one I'm looking at, made by Amp Research:https://www.americantrucks.com/amp-research-bedxtender-hd-sport-deep-black-0416-styleside.html

If anyone is rocking that, how do you like it? I'm not sure what my options are with a Tonneau cover, but it's worth a shot. If you have any suggestions throw them my way! Thanks.

I have the same OEM one as BTRFLYGLFR has and love it..The one from American Trucks doesnt allow you to use bed for long items as its always open across the bed..the OEM allows you to also cut bed in half,but then folds into the sides....I usually keep mine open in the bed,keeps boxes,packages,etc from sliding to front and when I have to haul long items I just fold it up....Good luck with whatever one you choose....

bbl

Reaction score
I also have the OEM and its dual-purpose modality is excellent. My 2019 setup is the same as @btrflyglfr with the OEM bed cover but it can be difficult to actuate the OEM bed cover when the bed extender is folded in.

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the OEM and its dual-purpose modality is excellent. My 2019 setup is the same as @btrflyglfr with the OEM bed cover but it can be difficult to actuate the OEM bed cover when the bed extender is folded in.

What OEM bed cover do you have? I have the OEM soft roll up, not sure what the other options. obviously want to make sure it would be compatible with the extender first

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the OEM all the time with no issues. I use it for lumber, helping hold in a small tied down ATV, groceries, etc. My 2013 F-150 was the first truck with one and made sure my 18 Raptor was ordered with one.