Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
want high speed, you gotta come to wyoming. i remember hearing that the course is more about the different modes of your truck and how to use them. certainly no fun if you are like me. although i can see why ford doesnt want people drifting at 102mph in the dirt. probably a lot of wrecks if that were to happen.

I was hoping they'd teach me how to do it properly and then turn me loose in a reasonably safe place to slide off the road. It seems like many of the principles could be learned at fairly low speeds by tightening up the corners. I've gotten fairly comfortable with the different modes, although I'm sure I'm missing a lot. I shift manually when I'm in Baja or Rock Crawl modes and that's probably not ideal. I haven't found a way to like Trail Control, although I've only tried it on loose baby-head rocks. It probably works better when there's good traction. So there are definitely things I need to learn about the modes, but Baja-style driving was my priority. Dang.

Bigs125

Reaction score
I went last September and it was a good time. As already said, if you have some experience driving off-road already, it may be a little but mundane for you. They said the goal was to teach you about the different terrain modes in the truck and get you to understand the different capabilities of each one. The closed courses that they run you on are pretty good, but again nothing really fast - maybe 40-45 MPH top speed before the instructors would tell you to watch your speed. In the mountains/mining roads that we went on, our group's instructor got us up to about 40 on many sections of the trail, which was really decent to see what the suspension can do on the rocky and rutted trails. All in all it's a fun time and a good place to begin to understand what our trucks can do. Another trip out west to try some high speed stuff may be in my future!

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really a one day event, with a meet in the evening before the event day. We were back early enough that another group could meet in the evening after us. They had twice as many trucks as the groups in our event, so they don't even have to stress about cleaning the trucks.
The evening is just a dinner ? No classroom ? I may have to miss it ? Am I missing anything ?

Moncho

Reaction score
Just finished the course today. Had a great time... the instructors are great, the mix of slow rock climb, fast baja racing and jump was fun.
The best part was learning to use the truck and all of its capabilities. It is an amazing piece of engineering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a great time. As has been hinted before try to get in the truck behibd the instructor. Since it’s a lead follow you you get a better picture of the line He is taking