Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m really disappointed with the way Ford has this program set up. I bought the truck as a gift for my wife and myself as we needed a new truck and both enjoy high performance vehicles. I really want to go but unless we can both be in the truck, I’m out. And I don’t want to hear about “insurance purposes” either, as you can sign a waiver and be done with it. What egghead idiot at Ford decided against being able to bring a +1 along for the ride. I was really excited about this thing when they sent me the letter too.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m really disappointed with the way Ford has this program set up. I bought the truck as a gift for my wife and myself as we needed a new truck and both enjoy high performance vehicles. I really want to go but unless we can both be in the truck, I’m out. And I don’t want to hear about “insurance purposes” either, as you can sign a waiver and be done with it. What egghead idiot at Ford decided against being able to bring a +1 along for the ride. I was really excited about this thing when they sent me the letter too.

If everyone got their own truck, it would cost twice as much. If you had bought two Raptors, I'm sure you could have arranged to ride together.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would gladly pay the cost of the school to bring a +1.

Then an actual owner might get bumped because your wife took his spot. Ford makes the rules. The rules are well known here, we've beaten this one to death already. It's not too late to buy a second Raptor ...

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then an actual owner might get bumped because your wife took his spot. Ford makes the rules. The rules are well known here, we've beaten this one to death already. It's not too late to buy a second Raptor ...

You buying? And I very seriously doubt they’ll have any problems getting everyone in who wants to get in. And if they do have issues, it’s almost like that additional person fee will help to cover more trucks and instructors.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You buying? And I very seriously doubt they’ll have any problems getting everyone in who wants to get in. And if they do have issues, it’s almost like that additional person fee will help to cover more trucks and instructors.

Talk to Ford. It ain't the guys running RA that have the say. If they let spouses in for a fee, I'll bet at least half of their clients would pony up and bring the old lady. So no, there wouldn't be room. I think it's great that they offer it at all. You bought the truck as a gift for your wife. Send her to RA. Done.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk to Ford. It ain't the guys running RA that have the say. If they let spouses in for a fee, I'll bet at least half of their clients would pony up and bring the old lady. So no, there wouldn't be room. I think it's great that they offer it at all. You bought the truck as a gift for your wife. Send her to RA. Done.

Wow. You must have a pretty ****** marriage if you even have one at all. We talked it over and I would feel guilty about being at the school all day without her and her likewise. Neither of us wants to go if the other can’t be there as well. And go back to what I said about the extra money from +1 fees, more money means they can field more trucks and instructors. There isn’t exactly a line waiting to get in.

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The instructors at RA brought up +1's without even being asked when I went. They also mentioned that if we wanted them to start doing a 2 day class or an advanced class that we should mention these things in the survey they send you after completion of the class. It sounded to me like the instructors would like to see it expanded. @OffRoadingBeast do you remember them saying that when we were there?

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the offsite trails are BLM land. Send whoever takes better notes and have fun the next day learning more about your vehicle. Big classes and to many trucks would be bad for the program. Ford doesn’t have to offer us anything, no one buys a raptor for the class.