Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Killingtommygun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance someone would offer up an owner invitation so my wife can go with me?
Wouldn’t want to go without my hot co-Pilot. Any ideas how to make it happen for 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason they seem dead set on not allowing that, my wife is pissed and wants to go too.

George S

Reaction score
Which is why I hoped to get lucky and find someone who is not able or interested in going offering up their “Willy Wonka golden ticket” [emoji1695]

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I went late September and the only way that happened is that I had to book her on the mustang course.
It was the day after the Raptor day so I got to do it too. That was also a lot of fun. Would recommend it although it
may be too late to do them both in Utah. We also went to Moab on the way back and spent a couple of days there.
Got to do the Potash road then the Shafer Trail. That was also pretty spectacular. We will be going back to Moab.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I went late September and the only way that happened is that I had to book her on the mustang course.
It was the day after the Raptor day so I got to do it too. That was also a lot of fun. Would recommend it although it
may be too late to do them both in Utah. We also went to Moab on the way back and spent a couple of days there.
Got to do the Potash road then the Shafer Trail. That was also pretty spectacular. We will be going back to Moab.
So if we both sign up for th3 mustang course she can do the assault course? Any links to the mustang course?

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. My wife had to entertain herself the day I did Raptor Assault.
She did the mustang day, as did I, the following day.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. My wife had to entertain herself the day I did Raptor Assault.
She did the mustang day, as did I, the following day.
That’s really too bad Ford won’t accommodate this. My wife and I will both drive the raptor and it would be nice if she could get the training too. Even if we had to pay a few hundred. She’s done the BMW course at thermal so I don’t think she will want to go all the way to Utah fir the GT course

GLOCK26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went down to Tooele, UT for the Raptor Assault course a few weeks ago. Thought I'd share my impressions for others weighing whether to go next year (I think they are close to wrapping up for this year, I even saw some pics on instagram of the trucks plowing through some serious snow).

This was a somewhat local event for me. The location in Utah is about a half day's drive from my house, and I have some friends down there that I took the opportunity to visit. I did not have the added expense of flying out, missing several days of work, and staying in a hotel for a few nights. So if you're coming from afar, you will have to keep that in mind.

What a great way to spend the day. I was suspicious that this was going to be way over-sanitized, and amount to standing around some Raptors while getting a lecture about safe driving. That was not the case. The flip side is that it's not a no-holds-barred hammer through the desert with your buddies. But you really do get to drive these trucks on some interesting terrain, and to drive them hard. I give Ford a lot of credit for backing this program.

While I definitely learned quite a bit about my truck, my strongest takeaway is total admiration for the off-road durability of these trucks. The rig I was riding, skidding, crawling, jumping, and generally hammering on for 6 hours gets the same treatment three days a week, and had been since March. This thing was still tight as a drum. That's pretty impressive.

All in all I highly recommend this as a fun and informative day. I posted lots of pics (taken by a professional photog that follows you around) and more of my impressions on the website below, check it out if you want to read more, or ask any questions here in the forum. Hope this helps others decide whether to sign up and go.

https://www.revogarage.com/raptor-assault-on-the-senses/

Nice I am going the first week of March on the 2nd this year. Hope the weather is good. Anyone else going at that time?

No Clue

Reaction score
That’s really too bad Ford won’t accommodate this. My wife and I will both drive the raptor and it would be nice if she could get the training too. Even if we had to pay a few hundred. She’s done the BMW course at thermal so I don’t think she will want to go all the way to Utah fir the GT course
I think the GT course moved to North Carolina.
The ST SUV experience is in Park City, UT and your +1 gets to go along with you for everything but the skidpad. Plus they pay for one night of hotel stay. Well they did last year anyways. Full details are at the website.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love how all of us are bummed are wives can’t do the course but none of us are giving up our spots.:) I brought my wife along and she was bored out of her mind in Tooele for the day. It’s a four door truck and waivers would be signed. Ford won’t budge.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love how all of us are bummed are wives can’t do the course but none of us are giving up our spots.:) I brought my wife along and she was bored out of her mind in Tooele for the day. It’s a four door truck and waivers would be signed. Ford won’t budge.
Lol

I told her she’ll have to jump it and she volunteered to let me go LOL all I need is a vin now