Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They added jumping just this year in March. I loved every minute and never thought one time that it needed any suspension mods...curious if you agree
Well you lucked out, damn it. I was there in late March and it was a "NFW" situation.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We did not jump in March either. I did not get insurance, but maybe should have. One guy whacked a small tree on the side of the trail and another guy had a chipped windshield.
I thought the deductible was $500. You should verify what it really is.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They added jumping just this year in March. I loved every minute and never thought one time that it needed any suspension mods...curious if you agree

You absolutely don't need mods as long as you drive it reasonably. I've actually put up several comparison videos - the bang for buck with suspension upgrades is a lot less than people think.

This was a stock truck, only broke a few clips on this jump. Note the driver had no intention of jumping this high.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you lucked out, damn it. I was there in late March and it was a "NFW" situation.

Sorry sorry...I meant June...not March. They had new 2019's so we got to use trail control and had the live valve shocks and I think we were only the second class to have jumps included in the curriculum.

Green Goblin

Reaction score
Unless you had a different set of instructors than I, you were never going to jump. They made that clear from the start. Nor would they demonstrate it. Despite a bribe to be paid to their favorite charity.

i went in October and the jump was part of the program. That being said it wasn’t my favorite portion, it’s fairly low speed - just enough to get a little air. I can’t blame them though as that’s got to be hard on the trucks, especially if done incorrectly. Overall I was thoroughly impressed with the day and highly recommend it!

termite352

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great to hear!. I fly to Utah on Thursday.

Do you recommend paying the $80ish for insurance? I opted not to figuring I would be timid and any damage I did would be well below the $5k deductible.
Pay the $80 bucks....its worth the peace of the mind.