Raptor Assault Worthwhile for Experienced Off-roaders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it’s worth it. I have raced and chased the Baja 1000 several times, and have a dedicated off-road rock crawler (73 bronco on tons, atlas 4, 40 inch big stickies). But what I had no experience with was the trail control, modes, and electronic assist capabilities on my Raptor. And I probably would still not know the surprising capabilities of my Raptor if I had not attended the course. So if a Southwest round trip ticket, and a couple nights of mid level hotel and meals are within your budget, I would say go for it.

And i will echo what was said earlier—if you are close enough for you and your Dad to each drive your trucks, use Raptor Assault as your recce of available BLM land around Tooele. Stay a couple extra days afterwards, and enjoy that area of Utah and your newfound capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
:happy175: Again similar to shooting. At a match a few months after an advanced shooting class, "Oh, you're the guy that shot himself in the leg doing a fast draw!!"

I always like to learn from other's mistakes whenever possible! It's much less
expensive/painful.

The PimpSlap is strong in this one...

D

Deleted member 12951

I forgot to mention my favorite story from RA...

You'll most likely be told the story about "the guy that rolled his own raptor doing donuts" to illustrate why you aren't allowed to do donuts.

I'm not going to spoil the story, BUT hilariously, a year or so after attending RA, I actually met "the guy" while dropping my truck off to have upgrades done.

When I went last summer, that story was never mentioned. Perhaps they stopped telling it after THAT guy called RA and asked them to stop. [emoji2371]

BigDinNoCo

Reaction score
Appreciate all the responses and can say that I am truly on the fence, though leaning towards just taking the plunge and finding out for myself. I hope I didn't come off as some egotistical "trail boss" as I am far from being an expert. My time is limited as I have two little ones back home, so I just have to carefully pick and choose my outings. Thanks again though!
If you go into it as an experience & not as an intensive & complete school for off-roading then you'll easily have fun & probably learn a thing or 2. Like another post said, driving someone elses Raptor is very relaxing and getting a (someone elses, again) Raptor at a 30 degree angle, to me, was worth the trip. I'd just go with the idea of having fun & it won't disappoint!

BigDinNoCo

Reaction score
I think we all glossed over the most important part. Getting to experience the class with your dad would be worth the trip for me. As we all grow older, sharing the same hobbies with your dad will only create lasting memories. I went a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.
That depends on the dad, but if they both have new Raptors I'd assume they have a pretty good relationship. I would've loved to have brought my son along. That would've been awesome.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's all this talk about black lives matter land? let's keep politics out of this forum.

WTFO? Did you post to the wrong thread? Quoting the offensive part would be nice for those of us who didn't see a single thing in this thread that was political.