Raptor Assault without Torsen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to hear if the missing Torsen is noticeable on the mountain trails of Raptor Assault. I'm sure it will do fine with the rear diff locked, but curious what the instructors think compared to 21's and 22's.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think classes start up again in March, maybe someone with share their experience.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Must not be as big of a deal as everyone thought.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The torsen is gonna make the biggest difference on slick surfaces where all 4 tires maintain contact, think snowy and rainy roads. If a front wheel lifts the torsen will act like an open diff.

MNLeadfoot

Reaction score
From my personal experience back in 18' the instructors were mostly car guys who didn't actually know a whole lot about the Raptor or offroading in general. Again personal experience but I would think they probably wouldn't notice. Personally I have not noticed much of a difference in my 23' although not a whole lot of offroad miles yet.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was there in the fall there were some instructors from the now defunct Bondurant school and some with Offroad racing experience.

It’s worth mentioning they don’t work for Ford or Ford Performance. They work for a third-party marketing firm.

Last edited:

Bituman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was there in the fall there were some instructors from the now defunct Bondurant school and some with Offroad racing experience.

It’s worth mentioning they don’t work for Ford or Ford Performance. They work for a third-party marketing firm.
Interesting, that’s opposite my experience when I did the Bronco Off Rodeo in 2021. The instructors there were Ford Performance employees. The instructor for my group actually had spent some time at Tooele. He was fantastic and knew all about off road driving. It was a great experience that I was hoping to duplicate at a Raptor Assault in the near future. Reviews of RA all seem very positive.